Star Wars Studio 32" Millennium Falcon Lando not Han?

kokkari

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last night as I was watching the end of The Empire Strikes Back I realized something at the end of the movie when you see the close up of the Millennium Falcon docked to the Medical Frigate. Forgive me if this is well known and previously been posted, but it is actually Lando that we see in the 32" MF as we see it today. You can clearly see the figure in the cockpit at 2:00:14, although the face looks like it has been removed from the shot completely. See below
7879680352_fc14e05d06_h2.jpg
After we see that shot we then see the actual Lando in the cockpit with the same outfit here at 2:00:17
7879680352_fc14e05d06_h3.jpg
Here is a shot of the 32" Falcon as it looks today photographed at the Star Wars Identities Exhibition:
7879680352_fc14e05d06_h.jpg
I've always thought that this was a really bad paint job for Han Solo or studio lights ruined it, but now I realize that's because he's supposed to be black. Maybe I'm the last person to figure this out, but I was excited and wanted to share anyway. I do believe that this was originally Han in the cockpit and he was repainted for the shot and left that way because I don't remember anymore close-ups of the 32" Falcon in ROTJ.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back