Mass Effect - M-96 Mattock Rifle WIP

GasMaskSaxon

Already pretty far along with this build. It was started when I sucked more at prop-building, so there are some gaping errors (and some actual holes), but it's turned out alright.

It was made by layering sheets of EVA foam cut to the correct shape, then sculpting them with a rotary tool.

Still a little paint to do, but it's almost there.

IMG_0757.JPG IMG_0754.JPG IMG_0755.JPG IMG_0756.JPG

Really, really cool. I'm playing through ME3 again, and the Mattock is my fav weapon...did you work out a pattern yourself? I am going to start my own N7 armour soon, and need a main weapon. I bought a nerf VIGILON (kind of a beefy pistol or SMG) to start off with, but I'll definately want an AR.

Hey, thanks! Well, I found a pepakura file and worked out scale and shapes from that, then added details (like all the notches and stuff) according to the game artwork. But all the patterns were improv and I don't have any copies /:

Mattock is a cracking weapon though. Currently got a Vanguard with a Mattock and a Wraith...kickin' arse and takin' names.

I read that you can also use plasti-dip (the spray stuff).

Good stuff GasMaskSaxon...the weathering is spot on.

I usually play Vanguard or just plain old soldier...though Vanguard is one of my favs. Right now I tried an infiltrator....it's OK...but not really suited to my play style. And I switch AR's between the Mattock and Phaeston...depending what I am in the mood for, but I believe the Mattock is the best. Can't find anything to beat it's stopping power and accuracy...even the rate of fire is good for semi auto.

It still needs some work...the white strip should actually be silver and green, but it's almost there.

Infiltrator has its moments, the sniper advantages make it incredible, and cloaking with a shotgun is hilarious. But the Mattock remains a favourite. It looks cool, sounds cool, is a whole truckload of fun to shoot and is actually a decent AR at the same time.

Hey GMS, not to derail your thread, but I just unlocked the M7 Avenger...it's my new fav lol.

BTW, have you made some N7 armour to go with the Mattock?

Don't worry curly, I'll put the pictures up as soon as I've done more on it. I'm a bit preoccupied with a Dishonored cosplay at the moment.

The M7 is lunacy, but is a LOT of fun..I'd forgotten about that. But no, I haven't made any armour, I just wanted to make a Mattock because it's badass.

All done! Corrected the painting error on the carrying handle and added the green stripe, plus a couple extra notches for detail. Grime was added all over with a thin wash of acrylic paint, left to half-dry then wiped off roughly. Distressing was done with silver spray paint on a screwed-up ball of kitchen foil.

IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0782.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back