Adventure Time - Marceline The Vampire Queen's Axe Bass (Tired of these yet?)

Zolous

Story time!

MarcelineRocknRoll.png
My sister is a huge fan of Adventure Time, and in particular the character Marceline. She had mentioned before that she really wanted the guitar, for either a cosplay, or just because she likes the design, not really sure. However in the last ~year or so, she's been unable to move around a lot due to recovering from back surgery for scoliosis. She's got most of her energy and movement capabilities back now, but she has to go in and have the surgery re-done, so she'll be out of commission for more time.

So since I had some time in between semester and class is generally slow in the beginning I figured I would make her one. I've been working on it when I had time for the last 2 weeks or so and have managed to get most of it done. All that's left is the detailing, and weathering the cuts and gashes.

Currently the guitar looks like:
uqHFtHOh.jpg

wwKQEHjh.jpg

Close-up of the body:
VFlKyZUh.jpg

Album with more pictures of the build process, and different angles.
Marceline's Axe-Bass - Imgur

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can improve on thats already there, or anything important I shouldn't forget to add?

Thanks!

The pickups I'm just going to make out of some thin balsawood I have. The bridge will be made likewise, just with a thicker wood. I have knobs from old electronic projects for the volume/tone controls. The tuning pegs I'll likely just rip off of broken guitar, since there seems to be at least one thrown away at my dorm every month. The strap spike, at the bottom, I sculpted out of clay today, and am currently waiting for it to dry.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back