Clockwork Droid - Doctor Who - The Girl in the Fireplace

Grey Pilgrim

This costume is 90% the work of my wife (who I'm cajoling to join the RPF, but she hasn't yet), and she has been wearing it for Halloween and various cons including DragonCon and Chicago TARDIS for around 4 years now, upgrading pieces as she goes. My contribution to this was the sculpting, casting, and finishing of the mask. A few weeks ago, we finally did a professional photo shoot, so I wanted to share those here. I'm the one barely knowing how to pose with a sonic screwdriver.

We also ran into someone who recognized the character at Dragon Con...

Thanks!

Big-Room_web.jpgSolo_Fireplace_up1_web.jpgSolo_Fireplace01_web.jpgDoctor-Droid_01_web.jpgDoctor-Droid_02_web.jpgClockwork_Solo.jpgClockwork_Twins.jpgMickey.jpg

Im not a huge DR Who fan (But I did burn through all the episodes on netflix in a couple days haha). Your wife looks amazing. Perfect height, mask etc. Congrats!!

Really nice job! Wish I would have seen it at the con! At least "Mickey" doesn't seem too concerned this time... =D

My favorite episode ever, and I've always adored Lynette's droid! Beautiful again you two!

I've wanted to make my own mask to pair with some of my 18thc. stuff!

We also ran into someone who recognized the character at Dragon Con...

Hey, if that happened just outside the open-area bar at the Hyatt, then it was probably me and my wife! (I was, I think, in my Borderlands Salvador costume, with the orange shirt and faux-hawk hair) That android was just AMAZING.

Hey, if that happened just outside the open-area bar at the Hyatt, then it was probably me and my wife! (I was, I think, in my Borderlands Salvador costume, with the orange shirt and faux-hawk hair) That android was just AMAZING.

Thanks! I was specifically talking about the photo with Noel "Mickey Smith" Clarke, but yeah - glad you got a kick out of it!

Amazing work, especially on the mask :)
I am working on one of the female clockwork droids but I have a Millenium FX mask to use.

Great costume and mask, and super super awesome that the two of you have something to work on and enjoy together.

That episode always stuck with me - I felt like that there was so much more that could have been expanded on, given more time. Ah well, that's every Doctor Who episode, isn't it?

And last but not least...Mickey in an Atlanta Braves hat!!

Great photos, all of them, thanks for sharing.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back