37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Sorry, may have missed it, i will check my inbox or feel free to resend. Sorry every minute of my days have been filled the last couple of weeks so i am sure that i have missed a message or two, so anyone feel free to resend messages if you did not get a response.
mike

?!

Mike, I don't get an answer to my PM about the price of this big baby and others have already paid...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Martyn, sorry i don't think i got your last email, I did just look for it in both my inbox and spam but can't find it, resend if you can because i know we were talking about more than just this project.
miek

You're way too self-deprecating, Mike. Studios never scaled parts with extreme attention to exactitude, just look at the 32" Falcon.

Didja get my email btw? Hurry up and take my money, dammit! :lol

Sorry, may have missed it, i will check my inbox or feel free to resend. Sorry every minute of my days have been filled the last couple of weeks so i am sure that i have missed a message or two, so anyone feel free to resend messages if you did not get a response.
mike

PM resend ;)

Hey guys, quick update, the last few weeks has been a blizzard of activity and a lot has been done, a lot has been cast up. I had to make a last minute design change, a very minor one, that has delayed shipping of the first kits. It's a change from a clear cast diffuser for the engines to a cast light box. When i did a light test with the diffuser that made, it was too diffused and uneven, good concept but just did not work. So i have made a light box that sits behind the engine detail. I will post after i get some cast up but basically looking at the back, you will have the engine detail recessed area, a detail screen for the honeycomb, clear .030 sheet, and behind all that will be the lightbox that will also act as an led holder for each engine.

Everything else is up and running smooth, as soon as things even out i will post all the in progress shots.
mike

I bought one too. BEFORE ANY OF YOU YOU HEAR THAT MIKE? Caution, I may be drunk posting from work. :lol

IT'S ALLOWED! I'm Australian, a horse race had something to do with it. :lol

Boy i wish i could have a beer or two at work.....

Anyway, the first kits will be shipping either Friday or Monday, the last week got a little tangled up, my wife was away for a few days, had to watch the kids a lot, Halloween party my 3 year old at school, had to go to that in the middle of a work day, today is election day so school is closed, more kids today...so lots of kid related stuff. Not that i am complaining about spending time with the kids, but it put a dent in my productivity.

The last thing is to gang mold the new light boxes and I will be rolling. I have like 7 or 8 near complete kits cast up with additional parts for others, just need to pack and add the last minute stuff like the light boxes.

thanks everyone.
mike

It was Melbourne Cup Day today - pretty much the entire country goes out and gets blotto. Unfortunately we're a government department, so we have to be more restrained than many people in business. I was merely tipsy. :lol

Gawd, I haven't been this excited about a kit in forever. I know you SAY this has taken a while, but I will never know how you put out so much quality stuff so damn fast. :lol

Hi Mike, I sent a PM to you last Saturday but haven't yet get your reply about the price and details of placing order...
Is your PM box full again? Do I need to resend the PM to you?

Sorry, got behind on messages a bit. Will get in touch today or tomorrow.
mike

Hi Mike, I sent a PM to you last Saturday but haven't yet get your reply about the price and details of placing order...
Is your PM box full again? Do I need to resend the PM to you?

Ok, update, all the molds are finally done. It's always those little bits that you don't find you need until you are packing stuff up that hold things up at the end.

First kits will be shipping next week. International kits may not ship until Wed because of the postal holiday on monday here, if Fedex is open on Monday i may be able to ship a couple of USA orders. International don't worry, i am packing them in order so no one is getting skipped ahead, just a reverse shipping order due to the holiday.

More pics this weekend.
mike

Hey Mike,

Are you messaging the people who are getting the first run to let them know theirs
is finished and shipping? Just curious.

Look forward to seeing more pictures of your build as well!

First kit has shipped. I will be doing more updates as i get more kits out the door. I plan to ship a kit every other day at this point.

I will be getting back to everyones inquiries soon in PM. However, i am going to hold any new orders until all paid are shipped.
thanks
mike

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back