37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Please post the moment you decide to take orders. I'm interested in one for sure. If you
want, PM me with the price when your ready! Thanks! :D

This is where i got up to today, lots of pics taken to show how i got to this point. Will share my experience in running the fiber optics and wires, I made a few mistakes along the way and will let you guys know what to avoid.

I'll get back to everyones PM in the next day or so, if you want a kit and have not PM'd me yet feel free to, still making the last couple of molds, but I'm ready to start taking orders.

mike

032_zpsa2f55700.jpg

030_zps156a37a2.jpg

Mike,

Not sure if it has been asked but have you thought about a cylon base star in the same scale. Would make a great companion for your Galactica.

IIRC, the basestar is considerably larger than a battlestar. While there was probably some fudging during the compositing process, Pegasus' attack on a basestar made it look tiny by comparison. The TOS-style basestars in NuBSG were enormous as well. I suspect that a studio-scale replica of the basestar would probably be around the same relative scale as this half-studio-scale Galactica, and there actually quite a few of those already out there now. :)

Yep this is what i have figured as well, at least in the ball park.

What i would really like to get to in this scale would be some ragtag ships. It would be the same process of trying to get the proportions and size correct, with the understanding that the greeblies would be in the close enough/try my best to replicate arena again.

Lots of progress on my build and on the casting, been so busy with it, it has been hard to find time to post updates but will soon.
mike

IIRC, the basestar is considerably larger than a battlestar. While there was probably some fudging during the compositing process, Pegasus' attack on a basestar made it look tiny by comparison. The TOS-style basestars in NuBSG were enormous as well. I suspect that a studio-scale replica of the basestar would probably be around the same relative scale as this half-studio-scale Galactica, and there actually quite a few of those already out there now. :)

You're way too self-deprecating, Mike. Studios never scaled parts with extreme attention to exactitude, just look at the 32" Falcon.

Didja get my email btw? Hurry up and take my money, dammit! :lol

After having received a large number of fantastic kits and 2 amazing build ups from Mike, I just can second that statement !

I'm all for humility, but just once I want to see Mike gloat a bit. C'mon dude, I know you've got a 'DAMN I'M GOOD' in you somewhere! :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, that's Mike's 1/24 VF-1 Valkyrie from Macross. Design is inspired by the F-14 though.

All I know is I have my payment sent and can't wait to get this bad boy.

Can't wait to see more of your build as well Mike! Very Inspiring.

One last thing about pricing and availability. The price i have in mind, to be honest is low for a subject this large and detailed, never mind the hundreds of hours that i put into the pattern. I will likely not even get to a break even point on this by a long shot, but I do want people to have this, if they want it. That being said, the price may still come as a bit of a shock if you are not familiar with resin kit prices for these large subjects. Don't be afraid to ask, it really is a reasonable price for something this big, and it is quite big.

mike

I'm sure this kit would be a bargain compared to some Japanese kits. I Sean a few in the $5k range for something tiny, looked amazing though.

Kit looks great an beautiful work as always

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back