"What Pepakura File Would You Like..." REDUX **LINKS IN FIRST POST**

It is quite a simple helmet but is there a file for Sif's helmet? I cant find one anywhere. My gf asked me to try find one for her and I want to make it for her

Heres a pic of someones

ofpb.jpg

Thanks

It is quite a simple helmet but is there a file for Sif's helmet? I cant find one anywhere. My gf asked me to try find one for her and I want to make it for her

Heres a pic of someones

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9203/ofpb.jpg

Thanks

I've never seen a pep model, but in foam it'd be pretty straightforward. Just print up a template like this:

Scale it up in paint, print it, cut it out and then just tinker with dimensions til you get it where you want it. It'll probably take a little cutting/adding/subtracting, but when you get it close then transfer it to foam and add a strap.

I have seen that thread on the 405th before, but I notice that it is dead. Hence the reason I asked for a WHOLE suit. PLEEEEAASSEE????

Failing that - Asterion Moloc. That dude looks AWESOME.

Molloc5.jpg

On another note, how do you create the pep files?

I have seen that thread on the 405th before, but I notice that it is dead. Hence the reason I asked for a WHOLE suit. PLEEEEAASSEE????

Failing that - Asterion Moloc. That dude looks AWESOME.

View attachment 248867

On another note, how do you create the pep files?

In the very first post of that thread are links to the peps on 4shared. Try clicking on the first one. They are not dead, I just downloaded the chest to be sure and it works fine. When you click on one of these links to download it, the file owner's My 4Shared folder will also show up on the right, listing all of the other pieces of the suit to download. It's all right there.

Please forgive me for seeming rude, but have you ever seen a Terminator with no thighs, greaves or cod?

That is what I mean by the thread is dead. The downloads are there, but a few pieces are missing.

Again, hence the reason I am asking for a WHOLE Terminator suit.

Please tell me if it is a problem, I shall look elsewhere.

Alternatively, perhaps you can teach me how to make my own pep models/files?

In any case, if I seem rude, I apologise.

Last edited:
OK. The thighs and greaves (if you mean the lower arm covering) are there. But yes, my mistake, the Cod piece is not there. Irregardless, your best bet would then be to go to the Obscurus Crusade. You'll have to register if you're not already,, but they should have the resources you are looking for. They will also likely have the entire suit by another modeler and unfolder, but do not hold me to that.

Obscurus Crusade

As for teaching how to make pep files and models, it's a pretty steep learning curve. The easiest way to start would be to learn all of the different functions of Pepakura and how to use them; all of my knowledge comes from experience, trial and error. If you want to learn modeling, or even learning to modify existing models for Pepakura, you'll need to learn to use 3d modeling software. The easiest approach would be to download a free copy of Blender, and practice making some simple models with the tutorials available on youtube. Once you've picked up a basic understanding of how the software works, you can move on to modifying existing 3d models to work in Pepakura, or even start creating your own. It's definitely not something you learn overnight, but once you are familiar with the software the sky's the limit.

Free 3d modeling software: blender.org - Home of the Blender project - Free and Open 3D creation software
If you run into questions using Pepakura, the best place to ask: http://www.therpf.com/f24/pepakura-question-thread-please-read-rules-first-post-87056/

***edited-this is the new Obscurus Crusade link:http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/ ***

***double edit, apparently I'm gauntlet/greave dislexic today, sorry about that lol***

Last edited:
How possible is it to do something like an 89 Batman using foam/pepakura? I am COMPLETELY new to costuming, but I've loved the way the foam looks, and I don't like latex, so I was wondering how possible it is to do something like that?
My wife and I also want to make two ninja turtle costumes, would foam work for this? I feel the look of the foam would be great for something based on the new series, since the show has an odd angular flat look. I think they kinda look like foam:
http://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tmnt-group.png
So, is this feasible? Apologies for being a newbie to costuming, but I'm interested in starting.

How possible is it to do something like an 89 Batman using foam/pepakura? I am COMPLETELY new to costuming, but I've loved the way the foam looks, and I don't like latex, so I was wondering how possible it is to do something like that?
My wife and I also want to make two ninja turtle costumes, would foam work for this? I feel the look of the foam would be great for something based on the new series, since the show has an odd angular flat look. I think they kinda look like foam:
http://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tmnt-group.png
So, is this feasible? Apologies for being a newbie to costuming, but I'm interested in starting.

I think foam would work well on those TMNT suits! One of the easiest ways to build these costumes is to take make or acquire a 3d model of the pieces you want to build, and then use Pepakura software to take those 3d models and 'flatten' them into 2d templates that can be used for patterns. If you have the 3d model and the know-how, you can make the patterns to build the actual costume.
Here's where the problem lies though. Without a model to use, you don't have the base ingredient for Pepakura to make patterns from. Batman is so popular, there are already models available, some that were created specifically for costuming. If you're lucky, the models are already out there, and someone has also already broken them into pieces and converted them into patterns for Pepakura.
I've never seen any TMNT turtle files for Pepakura. I have some 3d models,but haven't had time to do anything with them :(

Thanks for the advice. I only have access to a mac for the next month, but when I've moved I'll start more thoroughly researching what I need to do to make this work.
My wife REALLY wants to be a 2012 style ninja turtle for next years halloween.

Hi I was wondering if anyone had the pepakura file for the MMPR White Ranger for the helmet and the shield and the arm and foot cuffs

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back