What's The Craziest Over Price For A Prop You've Seen ?

Some people really over price their stuff, holy crap. $79k for Will Ferrell himself, maybe, but not a suit from Step Brothers. The Elysium stuff across the board is going too high, I think, but then again someone is paying it so I guess not.

This is much like the Dredd stuff. First time on the market means top $$$, but I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that those pieces would sell for that price again.

Especially on eBay, setting a ludicrously high price is often an attempt to bring your listing to the top of any searches where people sort by "Highest price first."

They almost always leave in the "Or Best Offer" option because they don't intend to get the listed price.

-Nick

Lol..I need to start using that high price idea!

These auctions will run out of steam quick.

Why pay $6500 for one when an almost identical piece is $399.99

As for Dredd.....completely agree. The market hasnt seen much stuff on it from the film but its generally going for 50% less than it did on the small pieces.

Propworx sold the SG1 travel gate for $70,000. I think it's now in the office of a computer game company.

........ one of Bill Gate's associates bought the travel gate, and it was then erected in the garden of his summer house
........ Got the info from the guy who packages my Destiny Stargate section that I had delivered to Switzerland 15 months ago ,as he was also on the job of moving and re-erecting that travel gate :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think Guardian Devil wins this thread.

I can understand some of the traps from SAW going for a large number, but this...

THE Dress "Amanda" Shawnee Smith Wore IN "SAW" | eBay

Listing is false advertising when it says "" The beautiful Shawnee Smith ""
--- cause personally "I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole" as we say in the UK :) lol

Unfortunately I think we have some newbie bidders. Even more unfortunately we have a lot of bidders who on the first Damon jumpsuit were kicked out of the auctions by VIP and ebay who are monitoring the situation. As you will see the item has been relisted now.

What I find interesting is how few people have actually done any kind of homework on the sale. Purely watching the film more closely you would have discovered that the following items were not even used in the final cut.

Elysium SIR John Carlyle William Fichtner Screen Used Weta Shuttle Prop Device | eBay Not used on screen $2025

Elysium John Carlye William Fichtner Gold Droid Used High Weta SMG Prop Device | eBay GGI'd over the top of $3550

Elysium Screen Used Surgical SAW AND Spray Bottle Prop SET | eBay (possibly one of the spray bottles....rest non seen) $256

Elysium Screen Used Weta SMG Dummy Device COA | eBay
(cgi shot when roboto exits shuttle) $1576

These are 3 of the top ten items in the auction that were never seen in the film.

From this week the following were not used, well the chemrail was but as static piece.

Elysium Production Used Weta SMG Device Repair KIT Prop SET | eBay (listed as production used/not screen seen)

Elysium Drake Brandon Auret Screen Used Weta Functional Chemrail Prop Device | eBay (seen for about 2 seconds....but never seen to fire)

Elysium SIR John Carlyle William Fichtner Screen Used Weta Prop Device | eBay (never seen on screen)

Elysium Screen Used Weta Melted Rail Prop Device | eBay (you see it on screen but never with the hole in it)

So there you go. I would never tell anyone to do something with their money but I would think the goal of someone is to own something seen in the film. So far, we have quite a few background pieces, unused stuff, an exosuit with pieces missing or mismatched and non hero items mixed with a few hero pieces.

Hopefully things pick up but with 200 extras in the factory scenes with the call sheet in front of me.....we have alot of Armadyne overalls to get thru.

Spiderman and Saw props on eBay going for huge amounts of money, I love the films but don't get why anyone would pay those crazy amounts for items.

How about $1,999.00 for a screen used breathing Tribble that is on Ebay right now. Of course if I had that kind of money laying around I would be posting my prize possession soon here on the RPF but that is not going to happen. There were really crapazoids though.

Pretty much anything from the BSG auctions. I think I saw a backup sheet of paper go for into 3-figures.
And to think the Saving Private Ryan props and uniforms were all sold by the ton!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back