Batman arkham origins WIP

Can someone help me? I can't finish me gauntlets without this partView attachment 250609. It would great if it be a PDO format.
teragon your costume is so good that I didn't even possible to describe how it awesome

This is the piece you want : fin.obj
I can't unfold anything right now, my windows partition doesn't work anymore so no more pep designer at the moment, sorry !

About the suit, I just got very busy with college, so I glue a piece of two when I get the time. I'll finish it, no worries, but I don't have a due date. And for the love of God I cannot find foam tiles anymore, and ordering online would cost three times more... It's driving me crazy.

Y finding foam is a pain here. I found some a while back in the Brico but then like a week later a new batch came in and its was the same type but full of holes (no idea why lol)

Please tell me that this wasn't scrapped. PLEASE!!! I love the suit and will be making one when I'm at my goal BMI :D and shall be using this for reference :)

Glad I can help :thumbsup
Some news about the suit : I finished gluing all the front parts, so tried to put it on to take a pic, but half of the pieces fell down... I think using a compression shirt wasn't a good idea, too much stretch... So I plan on de-gluing everything, finding a grey long sleeve normal fitting t-shirt and having a zipper sewn in the back, this way I can put it on easier without damaging the suit. Or some kind of relatively tight fitting jacket, like the ones used for jogging, but I'm not sure how comfortable it would be wearing it with the zipper in the back ?
Also I found foam ! Not the the exact kind I wanted so I hope it will work out... finger crossed.

what can I say? :D the BEST, my absolutely favourite suit and job ever!!!! :D I wish I can have it as well!!! :) but I will be on it to do it for myself...with a little help! :) I hope I will get it from you, because your job is amazing!!! :) just carry on...can't wait to see it done! :)

This build is looking fantastic and has inspired me to do an Arkham Origins Robin.
I can't wait to see it all complete. And it's given me some cool ideas for my own cosplay.
Seriously, Teragon this is looking incredible.

This build is looking fantastic and has inspired me to do an Arkham Origins Robin.
I can't wait to see it all complete. And it's given me some cool ideas for my own cosplay.
Seriously, Teragon this is looking incredible.

here's my arkham city robin, didn't use foam mats but shaped foam for cushions in chairs then rtv siliconed the whole thing.

377991_518843721486272_389537622_n.jpg6665695393_927e826006.jpg

Glad I can help :thumbsup
Some news about the suit : I finished gluing all the front parts, so tried to put it on to take a pic, but half of the pieces fell down... I think using a compression shirt wasn't a good idea, too much stretch... So I plan on de-gluing everything, finding a grey long sleeve normal fitting t-shirt and having a zipper sewn in the back, this way I can put it on easier without damaging the suit. Or some kind of relatively tight fitting jacket, like the ones used for jogging, but I'm not sure how comfortable it would be wearing it with the zipper in the back ?
Also I found foam ! Not the the exact kind I wanted so I hope it will work out... finger crossed.

I'm making one Nolanverse TDK. I didn't start the thread yet (I'll do that when everything is finished instead posting my progress). I asked for a dressmaker make a tight jacket and a tight pant. I asked her to seam some tulle fabric over the jacket and over the pant as well. There are closures with zippers on the sleeves (forearms) and legs (shins) for easy dressing. Here are some pics. Hope that helps. Sidenote: isn't a very comfortable fabric, and does not allow much mobility. This is making me mad, but now I have to go on with this project....

DSC06695.JPGDSC06700.JPGDSC06701.JPGDSC06702.JPG

I just went with a cheap black turtleneck t-shirt I found in a supermarket, fits good, is rather comfortable and the turtle neck eliminates the need for a balaclava under the cowl (covers the gap between the neck and the cowl). I dropped it at a local dressmaker who found it odd that I wanted a zipper going all the way and in the back, but I'll get it back ready by monday. Going to use a stronger glue this time to mount the pieces though.
In the mean time I'm working on the pants, I'll have them done by sunday I hope.

I just went with a cheap black turtleneck t-shirt I found in a supermarket, fits good, is rather comfortable and the turtle neck eliminates the need for a balaclava under the cowl (covers the gap between the neck and the cowl). I dropped it at a local dressmaker who found it odd that I wanted a zipper going all the way and in the back, but I'll get it back ready by monday. Going to use a stronger glue this time to mount the pieces though.
In the mean time I'm working on the pants, I'll have them done by sunday I hope.
Will there be templates for the pants as well?

Just wanted to say I really like your suit so far, great work! I'm making an arkham asylum/city batman and wanted to texture the armor, I love your approach with the scrim and leather fabrics over foam idea. If it's ok with you I would love to try a similar method to yours on my build. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, and please go ahead ! Just be careful when you apply the glue for the fabric, too much glue and it will sink through the fabric and leaves light spots on the other side. I have one or two on the abs ...
If I figure a way to scan the leg pieces, I will add them, but they are bigger than my A4 scanner !
Sorry I don't update more often, at the moment I'm flooded with work and exams are approaching way too fast for my taste !
I do have my black turtle neck with back zipper I got back from the seamstress, and my leg pieces are ready to be coated with fabric. Once I start my "blocus" (that's what we call vacation times where students are supposed to study all day long before the exams), I'll actually have more time and be way more productive. I'm always more productive when I'm supposed to be studying :D

This is turning out incredible. Pretty amazing that you started this build before the game even came out! Coofunkcurly, those gauntlets look sweet too! Top notch work all.

Decided I'd pep the gauntlet and shin files on the first page, the default scale for the gauntlet is pretty good but the shin was way too small and will need to be resized. Overall, not a very difficult pep :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 580
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back