Star Trek Movies, As Ranked By Star Trek Con-Goers

Undiscovered Country > First Contact

Disagree with a few but overall it's not too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

The idea that Nemesis, Insurrection, and ST-VI are better then Into Darkness is borderline retarded.

ST-VI is WAY better than STID. I think you meant ST-V? In which case I'd disagree mostly for nostalgia reasons. Agree with Nemesis and Insurrection though. I'll never see those two films again while with STID I'm not bothered either way.

The idea that Nemesis, Insurrection, and ST-VI are better then Into Darkness is borderline retarded.

Just be glad JJ's movies made it at all. This is a list of "Star Trek" movies after all not a list of Hollywood tent pole movies with people named after Trek characters. :p

Undiscovered Country > First Contact

Disagree with a few but overall it's not too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

ST-VI is WAY better than STID. I think you meant ST-V? In which case I'd disagree mostly for nostalgia reasons. Agree with Nemesis and Insurrection though. I'll never see those two films again while with STID I'm not bothered either way.

Yes, sorry, V. :)

At least when Nicholas Meyer was brought back to do Star Trek VI, he made a completely different movie when compared to what he did on The Wrath of Khan. No bad guy out for revenge, no main character sacrificing himself/herself, no planet creating/destroying device ect. I even praise Meyer for taking elements from the previous movies he wasn't involved with (David's death, Klingon's hatred for Kirk), expanding on them and giving it all a nice solid conclusion.

Unless the next movie brings Khan back or has the Klingons specifically recall the Qo'nos event, STID is a completely skippable movie. STVI is not.

But I'll give you Nemesis and Insurrection.

I'm gonna go out in a limb and say that STID will be better received in a few years time. I certainly wouldn't put it behind Nemesis, Insurrection, or V.

And I'd also switch VI and First Contact.

I'd put the first four movies in the top spot, then the Abrams films in the middle, then the TNG films at the bottom. The remaining would be on various spots on the list.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back