> Stormnoober Helm

maxxed

Well this is my first dive into a project like this so we will see how it goes :)

I am going to customize/finish a bare resin cast replica of a Stormtrooper helm. I also intend on adding voice activated LED back lighting.

:ninja

I got the helm on Saturday and I was surprised at how warped it was. For what I am being told the movie replicas are uneven like the actual movie props were. This isn't a replica project,.. more like a re-imagining project,.. so it looks like I will be shaping with the heat gun until I can get it fairly symmetrical.

Last edited:
Re: Stormnoober Helm

Here are a few shots of the work in progress. Eyes are looking clean,.. and the general symmetry is much better after several hours of reshaping.

I want to coat the inside with a few more layers of resin so I can sand the crap out of the top without breaking through the layers. Any recommendations on resin? The person I bought the raw helm off of is being less than cooperative on sharing the materials used.

DSC01991.JPGDSC02009.JPGDSC02012.JPGDSC02025.JPGDSC02037.JPG

Off to a good start I'd say. Did you buy it off someone from this forum oe flea-bay?

Far as resin material recommendations, im not much help sorry.

Thanks! Yeah it was fleabay,... :) Oh and BTW,... holy ****e on the Fett Helm! To see it go from paper to what it is now is awesome.

I think I am going with Smooth-Cast 305,.. looks like it will do the job.

Got some of the electronics put together,.. time to start on the coding and LED accessories.

DSC01915.pngDSC01927.pngDSC01971.png

Last edited:
A little more progress. You can see how crooked some areas were so I had to cut the ears off and do some major reshaping.

DSC02047.JPGDSC02067.jpgDSC02074.jpgDSC02104.JPGDSC02110.JPGDSC02135.JPGDSC02151.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back