First attempt at mask sculpting

twistedxknights

Hey guys just thought I would drop by and see what kind of feed back I could get on a mask I am sculpting ...

here's a work in progress shot of it ..

21453_687756274572174_886317356_n.jpg

the head i am using as a armature is the larger male mannequin head so it maybe a bit on the larger side.

I will be adding a few details on the side of the mask . like mounting points for hoses or wire loom. but other then that I will most likely leave it mostly blank so that It could be used it for various genre's like steampunk or scifi.

any feedback on it would be appreciated as this is my first time sculpting something like this to be used for costuming.

It's hard to comment at such an early stage. I would suggest gathering all the reference material you can find. I used to cut out pictures from magazines and keep them in separate folders according to categories. Old age, apes, insects, injuries etc. Photos of real things will help you making your sculpt more authentic no matter what it is.

It's hard to comment at such an early stage. I would suggest gathering all the reference material you can find. I used to cut out pictures from magazines and keep them in separate folders according to categories. Old age, apes, insects, injuries etc. Photos of real things will help you making your sculpt more authentic no matter what it is.

thanks for the advice and I will keep that in mind for future sculpts..

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back