Toys used as props.

Krel

Sr Member
Perhaps we could have a list of toys that were used as props. I'll start the ball rolling.

----HASBRO Air Blaster:
"Santa Clause Vs the Martians" (1964) - Martian ray gun.
"Frankenstein Vs the Space Monster"(1965) - Alien ray gun.
"It Takes A Thief" (1968-70) - Red Chinese laser pistol disguised as a toy ray gun. Not fired in the episode.

----MATTEL Agent Zero-M Radio Rifle:
"Women of the Prehistoric Planet" (1966) - Laser rifle.

----MATTEL Agent Zero-M Sonic Blaster:
Batman Movie (1966) - Bat-Zooka.

----MARX Superbeam Signal Gun:
Various 50s space shows.

----Nu-Age Smoke Ring Gun:
"Space Patrol" (1950-55) - Used early in the series.

----REMCO Grenade Pistol (Monkey Division Okinawa Grenade Pistol & Hamilton's Invaders Grenade Pistol):
"lost In Space" (1965-68) - Pilot / first season laser pistol. Later as an Alien weapon.
"Cyborg 2087" (1966) - Tracker's laser pistol. Chrome "Hamilton's Invaders" version.
"Terrornauts" (1965" - Ray Gun. Chrome "Hamilton's Invaders" version.

----REMCO Monkey Division Okinawa Rifle:
"Lost In Space" (1965-68) - Pilot / first season laser rifle. Later as an alien weapon.
"VTTBOTS" (1964-68) - Seen on the rifle racks in the Seaview's armory.

----REMCO Jupiter Signal Gun:
"lost In Space" (1965-68) - Alien weapon.
"Time Tunnel" (1966-67) - Alien weapon.
"Dragnet 1966" - Used as a metal toy space gun. Okay, this one may be stretching it. :D

----REMCO Lost in Space Robot:
"lost In Space" (1965-68) - Alien robots.

----REMCO Robot Commando:
"Man From U.N.C.L.E."(1964-68) - Thrush remote control attack robots. First season, one episode. They were not a cheap toy. :lol

-----TOPPER Multi-Pistol 09:
"Cyborg 2087" (1966) - Michael Rennie's stun gun.

I hope others will list the ones they have noticed.

David.

What series?

I want to say it was Men In Black 2 where there was a wall of weapons behind them and several of the pieces were repainted supersoakers. Might of been the first one even, I haven't seen those movies in ages.

Splashinator Luger water pistol - Dr Who: The Fires of Pompei.

Yo-Yo - Dr Who: The Ark In Space and The Robots of Death.

Batmobile - Dr Who: The Talons of Weng Chiang.

I was told that they used the Art Asylum communicators and phasers for the throwback TOS episodes on the Enterprise series.

Art Asylum TOS Phasers used on DS9 for the episode Trials and Tribbulations. Not sure on the communicators.

I was told that they used the Art Asylum communicators and phasers for the throwback TOS episodes on the Enterprise series.

and the AA Phase pistol and communicator was used in the other startrek Enterprise episodes. Some was not even changed.

Pop gun made by Edison Giocattoli used as a belt tool in Aliens.

$T2eC16dHJIkE9qU3lQu6BRZiZJsqH!~~60_35.JPG

Oh, let's see, I have a running list of handheld electronic games used in movies... :)

(There's links to the actual games on each of these pages so you can see what they look like)
Tiger Sub Wars- Device used by Plissken to locate the president in Escape from New York
Tiger Sub Wars in Escape from New York

Coleco Electronic Quarterback used as a game in Tron:
Coleco Electronic Quaterback in Tron
Also made a cameo appearance in Flynn's basement lab in Tron: Legacy...

Bandai's Pair Match was used as set dressing all over Ten-Forward in Star Trek TNG:
Bandai's Pair Match in Star Trek: The Next Generation
And also used by Troi and Alexander in a Season 5 ep.

Parker Bros Master Merlin used as a hatch/wench controller on Serenity in the Firefly TV show
Parker Bros Master Merlin in Joss Whedon's Firefly

Lakeside Computer Perfection can be seen on the ship consoles in The Ice Pirates:
Lakeside Computer Perfection in The Ice Pirates
In the medical bay in an episode of Buck Rogers:
Lakeside Computer Perfection in The Ice Pirates
and I know I've seen it many other places, likely due to it's neat design.

Milton Bradley's handheld Battleship game was used in Spy Kids as a 'Machete Products' tracking device:
Milton Bradley's Handheld Battleship in Spy Kids

Seeing this old Futuretronics (Entex in the US) Galaxian 2 game in the Doom movie was pretty awesome... :)
Futuretronics (Entex) Galaxian 2 in Doom

Those are most of the ones I recognize that were games converted into props. This Epoch Astro Thunder 7 game was used in Next Generation as well:
Epoch Astro Thunder 7
It can be seen on Picard's desk in Season 1 at one point (I think), and on the wall of another episode used to activate an entryway... Just haven't gotten pictures of those on my site yet...

And if you just want to know what games were being used as the games they are (or in some cases, just background props), here's the full list I have so far:
Handheld games in movies!

Not entirely up-to-date (I have more to add, like the ZF-1 remote, Tron: Legacy, some TV shows... Probably any movie with a kid in it from the 80's :) ), but there's a lot listed there so far.

Rik

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back