Injustice for all! Injustice Green Lantern Costume build

rasendori04

Hey all, This is my first thread here on the RPF. I recently got the game Injustice: Gods Among Us, and while I'm not a fan of most fighting games, This one tops my books for favorites. What I like most of all, is the armored costumes that most everybody dons. While Green Lantern himself sucks as a character in the game, (or maybe I just can't use him) He is still my favorite character. So, I have brought it upon myself to make his costume.

Which one? some of you may ask. I believe it is the default one, with the separate armor pieces rather that the jacket style costume. I feel it holds true to the suit while still being armored.

green-lantern-injustice-concept.jpgGreen_Lantern_2.jpg 21372_576294625756490_2003335837_n.jpg

Before even starting though, I have run in to a slight snag. I haven't a clue how I will do the body suit. I want to find some kind of suit that I can glue EVA foam pieces to, but I don't want some 40$ suit. I've searched online, and I don't think anywhere in my city would sell them very cheaply. Any help as to where I could find a skin tight spandex suit that wont make be bankrupt would be nice. I have looked at morph suits, zentai suits, and the lot, but they are all 40 - 50 $ plus whatever shipping.

As I said, I plan to make the armor out of EVA foam that I will paint green (derp). I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do for the light up spots yet, I have never worked with el wire, but I hear it is expensive and I am starting college in September. I hope to have this costume finished for halloween, but lord knows if I will make the deadline. I actually have only made the logo right now, an EVA for circle, with a craft foam lantern that I will glue to it, so I wont really have much to post. But do check back from time to time as I make progress.
Go with the light, fellow builders.

Party City sells "morph suits" in store for $29.99. Or you can hit up Joann Fabrics for lycra spandex, at an in expensive price per yard.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Party City sells "morph suits" in store for $29.99. Or you can hit up Joann Fabrics for lycra spandex, at an in expensive price per yard.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks man. While I don't think I have a party city, Joann fabrics looks promising.

As for a not so update, I apologize. I really haven't started the costume yet for many reasons and excuses. But, I did make myself a promise. I was at Fan-expo Toronto on Sunday, wearing a green lantern T-shirt, and black jeans. I stood among the cosplayers in shame. I felt naked. SO I vowed that next year, I would attend while wearing a costume.

Another has happened as well. I have changed my ideas. I wont be doing the Injustice Green Lantern per-se. The game has Hal Jordan and John Stewart available as characters to play. I have decided to do my favorite lantern, Kyle Rayner. It will be his honor Guard uniform, but with an Injustice twist. Since it is a fighting game, most of the characters costumes are armored or have armored bits in them. Since the Green Lantern outfits aren't usually armored, I shall be doing my own idea of how the costume would be armored.

I am going to pick some things up tomorrow to get started. I am doing the mask first while I decide whether I want to use the textured side of the foam I am using. It's good to start small and work up to the big. So, unless there are any replies, There shall likely be a double post soon, apologies for that, though I really don't understand what the problem is with them...

Before I go, a pic of Rayner to show the outfit and mask I am doing. I have drawn up some plans as to how I will do the armor, but I need to scan or take a picture of it and get it on my computer still.
364px-Green_Lantern_Kyle_Rayner-4.jpg

Tata for now.

AS promised, I got my supplies, and have started on the mask.

I bought one of those plastic masks from the dollar store, and some green foam. Hot glued them together, and cut off the excess foam. Maybe not very enviro friendly, but it worked. I just need to add the details for Rayner's mask. and maybe clean it up a little bit.

IMG108.jpgIMG110.jpg

I also took a pic of my plans. Crude and somewhat inaccurate plans, but they were just ideas of how I would form the armor and not going for actual dimensions. I will measure myself out, and draw on to a piece of card how things will actually work, use them for templates on the foam and ya.

IMG112.jpg

I told you there would be a double post, maybe a triple if I keep working the rest of the day.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back