Phoenix 5 Cyclops

duoblade

Helloooo

So this is my first attempt at all making a costume... in like every aspect of it lol. I really want to go to an upcoming con as the Phoenix 5 version of Cyclops and I really want to make the costume (for the most part) myself.

WIP 01.jpgWIP 02.jpg

So I took a model of that version of Cyclops, deleted everything but the visor, uploaded that into pepakura, and printed out a file. Never looked into tips on working with pepakura so I'm sure this could have gone better. Printed it out on card stock. Plan to cover it in worbla when I get it and that's what I also plan on making the chest piece out of. After I get it covered I'll focus on cutting a slit in it so I can actually see lol.

So... how horrible does it look for a first attempt? lol XD

Thanks for the comments guys. The model came from the new mmo game Marvel Heroes. Its low quality so I wasn't able to do the same process with the chest piece.

WIP 03.jpgWIP 05.jpg

Ok so I've been waiting for my worbla to come in and it finally did! :D
I covered the visor in plaster sheets to make it more sturdy before I put the worbla over it. I think I'm just going to use this as a base, but the actual visor I'm going to be wearing will just be the worbla and a red lens.

Lens.jpg

Torso 01.jpgTorso 02.jpg

With some help I made a duct tape torso mannequin thingy of my bod and set it on an old mic stand. I'll use this to work off of with the worbla as shown below.

Chest WIP 01.jpg

So yeah. This is all my progress so far lol. Plan to use the worbla to make the other red pieces on his pants and hopefully I'll be able to kinda fashion some boot covers to resemble his.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back