BTTF - Valterra Skateboard

The correct term for the board shape you are looking for is a "Pig". The actual screen used decks were not actual Valterra Decks (as their lack of concave and almost flat tail made the stunt work impossible). Since stunt double Bob Schmelzer was sponsored by Madrid at the time (and Madrid actually manufactured Valterra boards as a price point skateboard for sale in toy/department stores) a professional quality Madrid deck was used and screened using the graphics templates for the Valterra deck. The decks used were the same type that were marketed and sold by madrid at the time as the "Madrid Explosion". It is no coincidence that a sticker featuring the explosion graphic (which is somewhat similar to that of the splatter) is prominently affixed to the bottom of the screen used Valterra along with other Madrid stickers. The Explosion decks were reissued a few years back and can still be found at various online skateboard retailers. I hope this helps.

It would be best to buy a splatter deck though, it would be much easier to re work on the existing pattern than creating a new one.

I still need to buy the trucks so that's why it's a bit in stand by...

Buy them straight from Madrid, If you ask nice they may even include some of the stickers you need.
http://www.fullcircledistribution.com/Madrid-Fly-Wheel.html

They are a reissue of the darker colored yellow Madrid Fly wheel with the silkscreened logos as opposed to the stamped logos (they were an earlier issue), which were the ones used on both the movie board and the 2010 prop replica produced by Madrid.

I have the wheels, I need the trucks, but they don't ship outside the USA :/...

I said it on my main thread but they are Bullet trucks, thought they were similar to the Invaders and cheap!

If you want the invaders, I found the silver ones and spray painted them glass black: Be careful when you put on the copers though. If the copers are a tight fit, it'll scrape off some of the black paint:

http://www.skatesonhaight.com/product-p/tr800s.htm

Are these the exact trucks justin the wrong color? I found these also, and they're already black. They're called invade 700s.
invader700_lg.png

Alright cool. Thanks for the info.

You bet. I looked into getting the black Invader 800s directly from Madrid, but they're discontinued. Your best bet is to find a vintage set, find a newer set and paint them if needed, or find a close match like Emma did. I tried the Bullet trucks, but couldn't seem to get the Madrid copers to fit on them. In retrospect, that might have been the copers themselves, as I had to pry one of them them apart a bit with a pair of pliers in order to get it to fit on my Invaders.

Do you mean the perspective ?

When a photo is taken, it can loose it's perspective a bit,
or could be that the sticker originally is crooked.

Check your skateboard for that.

I've fixed it :p

View attachment 213381

I'm currently gathering the right pieces for a board and would like to use your design of the logo. But shouldn't the letters be more of a lighter purpleish magenta? Like this pic.
Valterra1wtmk_1.jpg

Last edited:
Would someone kindly change the purple for the valterra letters on this to the right color? And possibly remove the madrid sticker. I'm gathering the materials for my own board and have a real sticker.
attachment.php

You bet. I looked into getting the black Invader 800s directly from Madrid, but they're discontinued. Your best bet is to find a vintage set, find a newer set and paint them if needed, or find a close match like Emma did. I tried the Bullet trucks, but couldn't seem to get the Madrid copers to fit on them. In retrospect, that might have been the copers themselves, as I had to pry one of them them apart a bit with a pair of pliers in order to get it to fit on my Invaders.

Did you boil them? You have to boil the copers to make them fit on the trucks x)

You do? Well, too late now. Apparently, I got them on there the hard way :D

OMG XD! It might have been a nightmare to fit them like that x)
It softens the plastic to boil them, just for like 5 min, and then you fit them, and when it gets colder it hardens back ^^

OMG XD! It might have been a nightmare to fit them like that x)
It softens the plastic to boil them, just for like 5 min, and then you fit them, and when it gets colder it hardens back ^^

I wish I'd known. It wasn't a nightmare getting them on there, but it definitely wasn't easy.

I'm currently gathering the right pieces for a board and would like to use your design of the logo.

Sure, no problemo.

Would someone kindly change the purple for the valterra letters on this to the right color? And possibly remove the madrid sticker. I'm gathering the materials for my own board and have a real sticker.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=213381&d=1375026013&thumb=1

Here ya go :

View attachment Valterra - Skateboard.jpg

I had to improvise a bit to fill up the space where the sticker was.
Also did a few fixes on the top and on the sides.
I hope you like it.

Last edited:
Sure, no problemo.

Here ya go :

View attachment 487096

I had to improvise a bit to fill up the space where the sticker was.
Also did a few fixes on the top and on the sides.
I hope you like it.

Thank you for that. It's great work. You got the color right, but the letters look a tad unfinished. The V, E, and Rs should be a little more finished.
valterrasb2.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back