Space Station K-7

CaptainDave1701

I am building the Round 2 K-7 and am wondering if anyone out there has done the same as I have a few questions. When looking for references online I see mostly pics of fully lit and detailed models. Now there is nothing wrong with this but I do not have the tools to take it that far.
I am wondering what others have done. I had the kit when it first came out and it is pretty much the same with the exception of the decals which on the original model there were none. It does however bring back a lot of good memories from "the day".
Any help out there?

Not sure but would be fun to do a Studio Scale (or larger) version considering its simple design.

I agree as this is just a retool/re-issue of the old kit. There is one out there that is larger that actually is created in reference to what the shells were intended unfold and look like. However I am seeing this kit go for $300.00. I have also seen negative reviews to the quality of this kit.
I would hope that in the future we get a better quality kit of the station. It deserves it.

It really doesn't require special tools to do lighting, just some wire cutters and a soldering iron. And the K7 lighting is pretty simple, just lighting the cones would be enough to set it off.

I started work on a K-7 a couple years ago, but shelved it for a bit when a couple other projects took priority. Still, I want to get back to it. Rather than doing it as K-7 though, I decided to arbitrarily upscale it to about 1/3788 scale so I could use it with some of the old Franz Joseph designed Star Fleet battles gaming miniatures (the plastic ones for the old Gamescience Starfleet Battles before the Task Force Games SFB system got popular). So when finished it will become Federation Starbase 17 and have a few ships docked with it, ala the space dock seen in the 2009 Trek film. My plans are to light it and do a couple other things, such as have a full drydock sitting on that flat spot on the main saucer/hub (with a Federation heavy cruiser inside it) and a lower docking bay with craft inside.

I've got most of the lighting wired up and ships for the docking bay built (two 1/3788 creations which I am putting in as "easter eggs"). Eventually I will get it done when the time is right.

I am also working on the reissued K-7 Kit, but I am trying to fix the inaccurate details, which is no small task. Good luck with yours.

Thanks....I guess I have become spoiled over the recent years where we have some very nice quality kits coming from manufacturers such as Moebius and such. This old kit brings back a lot of the old frustrations I guess. Perhaps I will end up placing a few firecrackers in it to really bring back the memories.

The is what the K7 station kit should look like.
K7- Plan Drawing.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back