Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project is underway!

Marcus,

What it the black piece with the half round edges that you are mounting all the teath and mesh to???

Is that your own design, a found piece????

Aren't they Nathans design? Nattyd?

I have his original body filler masters. If not they are similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, looking at the close ups Tom posted they are different....... I want some of those now! :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, looking at the close ups Tom posted they are different....... I want some of those now! :lol

I will need two of these.

Say, didn't someone have a really awesome Reveal Vader Parts project going?????

Seems to have disappeared.???????

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project is underway! Update 11 Aug: Vocoder

Started to reshape the front of the neck but still much work to do.
kbrev66.jpg

Got the other parts of the upper tubes shaped.
kbrev67.jpg

kbrev68.jpg

Neck is still very wonky. The left side needs more of a curve to it and eventually I will have to shorten the right side. Still unsure exactly what shape it should be so leaving that until later!
kbrev69.jpg

Good news is that both sides now form almost perfectly straight lines.
kbrev70.jpg

kbrev71.jpg

Off with his head!
kbrev72.jpg

Great...what did you used for the new headplate?

Every time I open this thread to check out the updates, I'm speechless.

Thanks guys. The new crown is a Plastruct/EMA part.

And next.... extending the tubes a little.
kbrev73.jpg

kbrev74.jpg

kbrev75.jpg

kbrev76.jpg

Due to the warped nature of this mask, the front of the face and neck were still not lining up on one side so I extended that too.
kbrev77.jpg

kbrev78.jpg

Things are starting to look pretty good.
kbrev79.jpg

kbrev80.jpg

Using a correctly scaled photo of the original to trace the shape of the mouth sill.
kbrev81.jpg

kbrev82.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mark and jameth, the vocoder that Marcus is using was made by me.

It took hours of tracing from high-res photos in Illustrator, scrutinising shots of the Reveal prop from various angles, and is made up of a central block that the mesh and details sit on, and two separate side parts.

Marcus, it's amazing to see the progress you're making on this, it looks fantastic! There's no doubt you'll be finished way way ahead of me!

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project is underway! Update 5 Sept: Extending tubes..

Wohooooo...more WIP pics to feast my eyes on :)

Keep them coming bro!

Markus

Hey Mark and jameth, the vocoder that Marcus is using was made by me.

It took hours of tracing from high-res photos in Illustrator, scrutinising shots of the Reveal prop from various angles, and is made up of a central block that the mesh and details sit on, and two separate side parts.

Marcus, it's amazing to see the progress you're making on this, it looks fantastic! There's no doubt you'll be finished way way ahead of me!

Any chance of a run???

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project is underway! Update 5 Sept: Extending tubes..

wow the amount of work you have into this at this point is just amazing, the passion to continue through the adversity shows in the piece. To say it was a turd to start would be a understatement. But I guess if your going to work with a bad recast may as well make the recast something all new and a thing of beauty.. which you are. Great Job!!!! im still trying to get the courage and will power to begin any type of prop. Lack of room more than lack of funds is now my biggest issue..

I need that black mystery part too!!!! :) it's the only part my reveal is missing!

Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. Update 15 Sept: Adding grooves to lower mask

The upper and lower mask parts of the original prop marry together using a rails/grooves system. There are metal rails on the underside of the upper mask and grooves in the lower mask for them to slide into. Here we go with the grooves...
kbrev83.jpg

kbrev84.jpg

kbrev85.jpg

kbrev86.jpg

kbrev87.jpg

kbrev88.jpg

kbrev89.jpg

kbrev90.jpg

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 Sept: Adding the grooves to the lower mas

Any news Marcus???

Markus

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 Sept: Adding the grooves to the lower mas

Finally some news Markus!

The position of the dynode holes was way off in places so I decided to fill them in and cut new ones. Thanks to Gonk27 for the filling technique!

kbrev91.jpg

kbrev92.jpg

kbrev93.jpg

kbrev94.jpg

kbrev95.jpg

kbrev96.jpg

kbrev97.jpg

kbrev98.jpg

Any news Marcus???

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back