V for Vendetta belt - WIP

Hey guys, new to the rpf. Just wanted to say wow, that belt is amazingly done. Props to you ewigestuden. I went as apron V for comic con yesterday, but wanted to go as the traditional V in later comic cons. Just wondering if that belt is available for sale. Thanks!
1622115_10152563000110984_1471088968270324729_n.jpgme as V :)

Last edited:
I luv your Apron!V! Lovely pic there, makes me grin like an idiot at work :D

I'm afraid that particular belt will never be available for sale because so much work went into finalizing it. I can gladly refer you to the leather worker who made it, but that would be leather only (no buckle, no holders).

- - - Updated - - -

I realized just now you went through both layers. Wow. I guess that did work out real well! Anyway, again, well done! :)

Thank you :)
I don't think it's even possible to go thru one layer only now that both layers are glued together...

Thanks for the kind words :D and yes please!! That would be a great help as I already have a buckle. Just need the leather belt itself :)

[Old] Took a while but I finally got around to doing a belt pattern for anyone who wants one. Its a file of my exact belt with the exception of additional length at the tapered ends.

[New] This belt is no longer an exact copy of my belt. I think it is the best I can provide for a non-tailored V style belt.
Thing to note:

• The belt is drafted in inches.
  • I've provided 6 different belt sizes, 30" - 40". You need to download your size from my Proton Drive folder. Google was giving me problems.
  • Each pattern can be cut out of a piece of leather that has a 5" width. To determine the length of leather you'll need, add 9 inches to the pattern size.
  • To extend, you have to add 1/3 of the overall length you want to add to the belt at each "seam line", the back and sides. Cut a rectangular piece of paper with a width of 3" and 1/3 the length you'd like to add. Also, you cannot shorten these patterns.
  • The size of the holes depends on the diameter of your buckle's prong and the diameter of the screws/rivets you will use for your belt. The spacing between holes depends on the thickness of your belt. I placed the holes where the belt can be fastened for additional length and still retain a symmetrical "V" look.
  • I included additional length at the ends so that up to 3 holes can function. The single decorative hole (unmarked) can be used but the belt will no longer look symmetrical. While this belt pattern has 3 functioning holes and will retain a symmetrical look, it won't be like V's as the other holes will no longer be hidden behind the buckle.
  • To use the marked functioning holes, you will have to change the screw/rivet holes currently used so the belt retains a symmetrical look at the front. Use the pairs of screw holes the arrows point to, shown on belt illustration pic below.
  • If you don't want the fastening belt end to be visible past the buckle, like V's, you will have to cut the belt near the 3rd hole rendering the 3rd whole unusable.
  • The patterns were drafted as is for an overall symmetrical look.
I hope these patterns help anyone who has trouble making their belt. The patterns can be printed out on 3 standard 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper. Cut, then tape the pieces in order. If you're going to hire a leather worker to make your belt, I recommend you send them a pattern on thicker card paper.

Vendetta- Belt (Illustration).jpg

One last thing, here's the DXF file for the BUCKLE, also on my Google Drive. I don't know why the corners look that way when viewed through a browser but it shouldn't look like that when viewed through any program that can open/modify DXF files.

UPDATED 2022: There is no proper DFX file for the buckle. The one I provided didn't look as intended. So download the SVG file instead.
The buckle was drafted in centimeters. Your program will have to have unit settings set to centimeters otherwise the buckle size becomes incorrect.

If you have problems accessing Google Drive, your browser may need a full reset or a reinstall. You can just try on a different browser.
** I had problems with Google Drive the last time I tried sharing these there and so I uploaded the files to ProtonDrive. **

SVG file for the buckle.

NOTE: I no longer recommend using these belt files as-is because the people I know of who used these belts needed to make size modifications to them anyway. You can open the belt pdf files and edit them with Illustrator, GIMP, etc.

The length I've given the belts is measured from red line to red line after you've put the belt pieces together, so there's some additional length to consider for your correct size.

If you have GIMP, Illustrator, or anything that lets you edit vector pdfs, you should be able to quickly modify the pattern pieces to the size you'd like. You'll have to do it this way though. Every size is divided by 4 and has 1 inch subtracted from the back pieces and add 1 inch added to the front pieces. You will have to cut the end pieces of the belt at the red line and attach the smaller portion to the front pieces since it's part of the front piece but was cut as is so that all the pieces fit on standard printer paper.

Last edited:
Great work, J!
I'd just like to add that there seems to be enough length around the center bar on my belt to move the leather in such a way that one additional hole can be accomodated and the belt looks symmetrical still.

And something for everybody: in case of a double ply belt, your leather worker should make the part that wraps around the center bar of the buckle thinner to make the fastening easier.

Awesome posts guys! I'm hoping to make a few prototypes of this belt before SDCC in July. My goal is to make the buckle at a local hackerspace and then just have a prototype belt that is passable enough to be worn at the con for 2 - 3 days. Anyone have the pattern for the buckle? This would make creating the design in CAD a lot more simple!
Any ideas for proto-belt materials? So far I'm thinking cardboard and pleather but I don't know if that would support the buckle (No daggers this year). I'm also a novice when it comes to making wearables so any advice is definitely welcome.
Also: What kind of leather did you guys use for your belts?

10628791_10152438035407123_5474049948749577771_o.jpg
This is my "Evening V" from Southampton DefCon3 last year. This year I have the "real" mask (one in the pic is www.masksofvenice.co.uk version) but using your details from this thread I hope to make a belt over the next few months. Thanks for sharing all the info :D

This is my "Evening V" from Southampton DefCon3 last year. This year I have the "real" mask (one in the pic is www.masksofvenice.co.uk version) but using your details from this thread I hope to make a belt over the next few months. Thanks for sharing all the info :D
That is a nice mask. I always liked that take of it. Looks more true to the comic mask, imo. I've been interested in buying one but the looks of those can vary greatly. I think you got a real nice one.

Can't help you out with buckles as Ewige sold them all last year and I haven't seen them surface since last year. Her and I talked of maybe doing another run where I'd actually get involved to make things more convenient for her hopefully, but unfortunately there wasn't enough demand to do justify the run. I can provide you with the file so you can have one cut somewhere if you'd like. You may be lucky in finding someone who can make one single bucket for you at a lower cost than what I was quoted for a single buckle from multiple people.

Thanks J EM, I think I may have sourced a good buckle, full size (since I'm trying to create screen accurate for Reel Icons) and I've used a combination of your ideas on here plus some of my own and I think I'm ready to start. I'll post progress on a new thread but I'll post a link here so anyone interested can follow for an alternative version. many thanks again :)

Thanks J EM, I think I may have sourced a good buckle, full size (since I'm trying to create screen accurate for Reel Icons) and I've used a combination of your ideas on here plus some of my own and I think I'm ready to start. I'll post progress on a new thread but I'll post a link here so anyone interested can follow for an alternative version. many thanks again :)
Well ok. If you're ever interested in it, however, just ask. That goes for anyone as well who'd like to have their own buckle made.

My daggers are Chinese and came in a case of six, all in individual boxes. There is no brand on the box but you can find them online using the tag Vendetta H-5536.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/8ugatyza.jpg

They are stainless steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Ta

Can you give a web site or link for this set, please?

- - - Updated - - -

My daggers are Chinese and came in a case of six, all in individual boxes. There is no brand on the box but you can find them online using the tag Vendetta H-5536.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/17/8ugatyza.jpg

They are stainless steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Ta

Can you give a web site or link for this set, please?

Sorry, I got them so long ago, I can't remember where it was. Did Google turn up nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well ok. If you're ever interested in it, however, just ask. That goes for anyone as well who'd like to have their own buckle made.

I really could use help getting a buckle. The file posted on the previous page is no longer there, just the link. Plus, I really don't have skills to make it. I thought of asking someone on Etsy. Thanks in advance all =)

I really could use help getting a buckle. The file posted on the previous page is no longer there, just the link. Plus, I really don't have skills to make it. I thought of asking someone on Etsy. Thanks in advance all =)
I cannot help you with a buckle but I can post the DXF file used to make the buckles ewigestudentin had manufactured a year or two ago, I don't remember anymore. Seems like forever ago.

I don't understand what one member had said before about having needed to clean the file up. It's all perfectly fine on my end, so I don't think I'll be able to help you if the file doesn't look good on your end and ends up not working.

It'll be up in a bit

Thanks OJ EM!
Sorry it took longer than expected but there was something wrong with the original dxf file so I just made another one. And I forgot, the reason I never uploaded the file here directly before was because the filetype isn't allowed. You'll have to download it from google drive.....which isn't loading for me right now. -_-

I'll provide the link to you as soon as I can figure out what's going on with google drive. I promise :)

Apparently it's a problem that has affected several people throughout the year with no real solution. :( Send me your email and I'll send you the file.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back