Price of a light cycle

darkrogue

I have a symple question. How much would you pay for a light cycle? Don't be rediculous please like saying " I'd give my left ass cheek" I want to know how much money would you all spend

First off... this should be in another section... not entertainment...

Second...

WHAT THE HELL are you asking?

About a toy lightcycle? About a screen used prop? A replica? a real motorcycle? Or like a "anythings possible dreamland" type thing... like "what would you give for a REAL lightcycle with real deadly lightwalls?

Then you still have to be specific about which movie...

Oh man.... I just got an email from the MCP. He is SO pissed. He has the only Light Cycle lot on the grid, so when anyone talks about trying to get "good prices" on one, he notices. I am outta here. No de-rez for me, man!!

Too late man...there's a Recognizer headed your way!!!

OP - what exactly are you asking? Is it that you would like to buy the Xenon product but think it is overpriced?

Last edited:
Bingo. LOL.

It isn't a 'symple' question at all.

Is it a static prop? A model? A full sized, working replica? If it works, are we talking 5mph top speed with no suspension, something which can be ridden in a parking lot or at a bike show but that's all? Or can it be taken down the freeway at 110mph, on a full license, safely?

For a static prop in fibreglass, maybe with real tyres, and with enough steel framing to make it safe to sit on, I'd expect to pay at least several grand, in kit form.

boy you guys are really picky how one phrases things. I mean a working motorcycle designed to look like a light cycle. Question simplified.

Not really as the questions about what exactly you mean by "working" still apply. Can you ride it around a car park, for show? Or can you take it out on the highway and have a good day's riding, safely at speeds high and low? What exactly do you mean by "looks like", too, for that matter - are you willing to accept major changes to the design to permit the machine to be safe and rideable with good performance? Or does it have to look *exactly* like the prop?

Ok, ill be as clear as i can... or at least ill try to be. Imagine a street legal light cycle. can go on the street, highway like any other motorcycle. Pretty much the same thing as the Parker bros light cycles that cost 55 thousand but price aside. Like if a diff company made them, how much do you guys think is a fir price.

The versions you can buy are suitable for display use only as far as I am aware. Not something you could actually take on a highway and ride like a normal motorcycle.

A fair price is whatever the maker charges. He's not forcing you to buy his product.

as long as it comes with a USB hookup for my Advacnded Action Suit I have on order from another member here. Its been a while since ive heard from him but i'm sure he'll come thru!

Did some reading and I should probably amend my comment. It seems the Xenon probably *can* be safely taken out and ridden on the road in the real world. To a degree. Go, Evolve Motorcycles!

A limited degree, though.

The original version used a roller running against the rear tyre to transfer power. That's because the wheels are hubless and the tyres are insanely fat; there's no room for a shaft or chain arrangement. The mechanical disadvantage would still be pretty big either way; any of these methods are basically gearing down a great deal.

I don't know how the new electric version handles this. Maybe the tyre is narrower to permit a rim sprocket or external bevel gear arrangement (scary thought); the photos on the site don't include an angle that shows this.

It probably doesn't matter much; the wheel is still hubless so you have to achieve very high revs to get speed out of it. Supposedly the machine is capable of 70mph - so that's probably *why* it is electric; it couldn't be this "fast" otherwise. Electric motors can provide very high RPMs.

It is a low top speed and I'd guess acceleration isn't exactly all that either. The site doesn't say. A key motorcycle stat and they just...leave it out.

It can do 30 miles before recharge.

The price-performance relationship here makes this a plaything. Therefore if I wanted a version which could achieve more worthwhile performance, when a "toy" version costs $55,000, then I suppose maybe about $100,000 or $150,000 would be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Squirl wins the thread! :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back