Marvel Now Star Lord gun / Guardians of the Galaxy

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I really enjoyed the Abnett & Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy series from 2008 and am also loving the new Brian Michael Bendis Marvel Now series which is why I'm thinking of making Peter Quill's gun from the new series.

I've drawn up the basic plans but would need to work out the structure of the pieces for assembly and potential options for backlighting the emblem on the side and the end muzzles.

Any thoughts?
Is there any interest in this gun? I know it's slightly obscure and maybe not so many people read the comic.

Thanks, but I think the movie will have a different looking gun, but as you said it may generate some interest as a byproduct of the films success.

I would be interested in seeing a build. love gun's. there's just one little thing I don't get. and i have seen this on one of the star trek phaser's too.
On the back lower part. that little piece pointing at a downwards angle. why would anyone design a pistol that way. would it not get in the way of your wrist in a battle or something. not picking on the gun. just a little quirk of mine....

Since it's glowing I would guess some sort of rechargeable powercell?

I'm curious though where on the Star Trek weapons have you seen this extra piece?
To my knowledge most if not all Star Trek gun type props don't have a protrusion at the back as with the Star Lord gun above.

It may have been some kinda steam punk version. I will look and find it. but there was a small round brass looking protrusion pointing in the same manner...

This one....

Attachments

• kelvinphaser1.jpg
    kelvinphaser1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 161
I really enjoyed the Abnett & Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy series from 2008 and am also loving the new Brian Michael Bendis Marvel Now series which is why I'm thinking of making Peter Quill's gun from the new series.

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Phlox_47/StarLordcomicgun_zps8c6ec9e8.jpg[/URL]

I've drawn up the basic plans but would need to work out the structure of the pieces for assembly and potential options for backlighting the emblem on the side and the end muzzles.
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Phlox_47/Starlordgun_zps886f8703.jpg[/URL]

Any thoughts?
Is there any interest in this gun? I know it's slightly obscure and maybe not so many people read the comic.

The handle looks like the handles from some Star Wars blasters. It's kind of a cool design.

a few months ago i started building it becuase i fell in love with the design and it looked close enough to the movie concept that it may work

531634_4615365873386_1029306381_n.jpg

but my appreciation for the new series PLUMMETED! so i never got around to finishing

but with the new batch of images star lords guns look more like plasma rifles from halo

a few months ago i started building it becuase i fell in love with the design and it looked close enough to the movie concept that it may work

View attachment 210834

but my appreciation for the new series PLUMMETED! so i never got around to finishing

but with the new batch of images star lords guns look more like plasma rifles from halo

Sweet gun. hope you don't work in your shop bare footed tho. LOL not OSHA advisable....just ribbing yha.

haha i did! but that was back when we lived in a two bedroom apartment....

now were in a 5 bedroom house where i have a 13x20 well ventialled shop and work shoes! haha

but to get back on track, the gun design is awesome and i think the interest in it will be placed on if the new line doesnt turn itself around

but either way i vote build it!!

hi just have to say I love the work you did on that gun cosmic ash and I hope you do finish it , or at least give some advise on how to make one because you made me envious

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back