EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR!!!!

GINO

Sr Member
Hey guys sorry for the slight delay in getting some official info out into the forums.
We've been so super busy getting settled into the show that we haven't had a chance to get the good word out.

We have a lot of cool stuff to premiere so I hope you're ready for it.

Also if you are at the show, be sure to stop by the EFX booth and say hi!

EFX BOBA FETT ESB HELMET LEGEND EDITION

As…….you……WISH!

EFX is proud to announce our Boba Fett ESB Helmet Legend Edition!
The Lucasfilm Archives very graciously granted EFX direct access to the original one and only screen-used Boba Fett helmet from The Empire Strikes Back to mold in silicone for the production of our awesome new addition to the Legend Line of helmets.
Only one singular helmet was used for all the Boba Fett scenes in ESB.
What that means is that every time you watch ESB, you can point at the screen and shout out loud "My helmet comes directly from THAT helmet!"
Ok maybe that's just what I do, but I highly recommend it. :p
What it also means is that EFX can confidently say this replica will be the most accurate Boba Fett ESB helmet replica ever offered.

Here are a couple pics of our first prototype as well as one of the original screen-used helmet being carefully prepped for molding.

me_workingonfett.jpg

efx_fett_1.jpg

efx_fett_2.jpg

FETT LIVES!!!!!

EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO HELMET LEGEND EDITION

Before you ask if we announced this already, the answer is yes… well sort of.
Except now, EFX has decided on a new course of action for this replica.
Fiberglass!
The base helmet will be made in fiberglass with the ears being made separately to create the illusion of vac formed parts as per the original screen-used helmets.
Of course, this helmet will come with all the detailing and trims accurate to the original including custom extruded brow and neck trims, green bubble lenses, and mic tips.

Not only will this helmet be practically indistinguishable from a vac-form helmet when viewed from the exterior, but it will also be a more substantial collectible in terms of heft and durability. This helmet possesses all of the visual accuracy you would find in a vac form original, but now also created in idealized materials.
Many have asked for a helmet with this combo of accuracy and durability, and EFX has heard you loud and clear!

Here are a few shots of the fiberglass paint master.
Even upon close inspection, it is incredibly difficult to determine whether it is a vac-form or fiberglass helmet without picking it up and looking at it's inside.

efx_legend_trooper_1.jpg

efx_legend_trooper_2.jpg

efx_legend_trooper_3.jpg

EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO ARMOR LEGEND EDITION

Yes, you read that correctly. No it's not a typo.

For the first time in history, EFX is doing what no officially licensed company has ever been able to do - produce Stormtrooper helmets and armor made in ABS just like the screen-used originals.
Take a quick breath….

And what was the basis for this armor? Where did it come from?
It just so happens that the original screen-used helmet we used to create the Legend Edition Stormtrooper Hero helmet also came with FULL AND COMPLETE ARMOR AND ACCESSORIES!
To the best of my knowledge, this is the ONLY fully complete Stormtrooper from Star Wars: A New Hope in existence.
While some do exist in private hands as well as the Lucasfilm Archives, none of them are fully complete with all the accessories.

original_trooper.jpg

Every armor component was carefully molded to capture detail from the inside of the vac formed parts.
Every…component. Every one.
All the fabric based components were accurately patterned and recreated as well.
For most people, the very first time they have every laid eyes on an original body suit and neck seal. Just utterly incredible that these are still in existence and available to EFX.

Many including myself never thought that a day would come where we would be able to own a Stormtrooper suit as perfect and accurate as this.
It is as close as you can possibly come to owning an original.
It really is a dream come true.

Behold the STORMTROOPER in all it's beautiful glory as originally intended!
Coming soon from EFX.

efx_legend_armor_1.jpg

efx_legend_armor_2.jpg

efx_legend_armor_3.jpg

efx_legend_armor_4.jpg

efx_legend_armor_5.jpg

efx_legend_armor_6.jpg

efx_herotrooper1.JPG

efx_herotrooper2.JPG

efx_herotrooper3.JPG

efx_herotrooper4.JPG

efx_herotrooper5.JPG

efx_herotrooper6.JPG

Over the course of the next week or so, we'll be adding some exclusive content highlighting the development of the Boba Fett ESB Legend Edition Helmet with the help of The RPF and myself via https://www.facebook.com/starwarslifesized

I hope you are all as equally as excited for these awesome new products as I am.
Let us know what you think and if you have any specific questions about them ask here and I'll try to pop in every now and then to answer them the best I can.

Last edited:
Extremely cool and neat. Are you supervising the paint work on the ESB Fett as well?

Hopefully the mandibles won't have the pinch like on the MR.

I was waiting for more info on this, since I just saw it earlier today. Definitely cool and interesting and the more I see the more my early observations has been put to shame.

Hope for a good progress and production on these pieces.

This is the news I've been waiting for, and I'm sure I'm not alone either! I will be selling off family members in anticipation of the ESB Boba Fett helmet

Absolutely!

And absolutely not. :)

A bunch of us had a discussion on The Prop Den as to why the MR ESB Fett was pinched in mass production. Bear in mind we're new to Fett and don't know all the factions and disagreements, so we sought to discuss the pinch as purely a technical issue. I don't know if EFX uses the same factory or not but here's what we found:

1. The inside edge T-area had a ledge that would have allowed for visor installation. This turns out to not have been used. As a result, the visor sits deeper into the helmet.

2. The brow was for some reason sculpted to be deeper.

3. The T-Visor was mounted behind the ledge of the mandibles and against the inside edge of the deep brow. The result was that on the outside the brow and mandibles were flush.

4. To achieve this flushed effect, the mandibles may have been manipulated by the factory in China.

5. The visor was cut in a pinched fashion as well, and seems to reinforce point 4.

It appears the factory in China was given a no-brainer but certain liberties in execution were taken. Hope this helps, Gino. Just wanting to avoid another trajedy but I'm glad you're at the helm to raise hell if they produce these improperly.

What is shrinkage due to reproduction accounted estimated at?

This has been so exciting to be involved in and to watch unfold. After so many years, to see us get an opportunity to own the pinnacle of these pieces is so gratifying. Can't wait to get home from SDCC and share more.

pretty cool news and props......now to plan my break in of gino's house to get a set of that armor and copy of the fett helmet!! i kid...

awesome looking stuff, you cannot get any closer in accuracy than stuff cast from the original props.

Hey guys sorry for the slight delay in getting some official info out into the forums.
We've been so super busy getting settled into the show that we haven't had a chance to get the good word out.

We have a lot of cool stuff to premiere so I hope you're ready for it.

Also if you are at the show, be sure to stop by the EFX booth and say hi!

Fett and Trooper look great! But what's the status on the Biker Scout Helmet that was teased last year? Full armor on a Scout would be really appreciated too!

The Lucasfilm Archives very graciously granted EFX direct access to the original one and only screen-used Boba Fett helmet from The Empire Strikes Back to mold in silicone...

Here are a couple pics of our first prototype as well as one of the original screen-used helmet being carefully prepped for molding.

Except now, EFX has decided on a new course of action for this replica.
Fiberglass!
The base helmet will be made in fiberglass with the ears being made separately to create the illusion of vac formed parts as per the original screen-used helmets.

For the first time in history, EFX is doing what no officially licensed company has ever been able to do - produce Stormtrooper helmets and armor made in ABS just like the screen-used originals.

I don't understand. Is it intentional to mislead for a sales thing or was this a flub?

I have been focusing on other aspects of Star Wars fandom for the past few years, but the Boba Fett Legend Helmet has been like a giant kick in the rear to reignite my excitement about replica prop pieces!

This is amazing stuff, Gino and Art!

I'm truly looking forward to following the development on this unbelievable helmet and purchase it with glee the second it becomes available.

Amazing work, guys!

Will it be possible to buy the mannequin, neck seal, etc seperate? I've been trying to find a proper mannequin to display the RSProp armor I have and have been having no luck. The armor looks great. If I didn't already have RSProp armor, I'd be looking closely at this. I'll definitely be buying the Hero ST helmet and very likely the ESB Fett helmet.

So not going to post this on TDH? The helmet you guy have there (Fett) is pretty smooth in comparison to the actual lid...Arts former GMH you could see the paint in the cast. How sanitized is this ESB helmet? Theres also no crack on the side...would love more info, and maybe a thread on TDH?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back