EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR!!!!

Good question Niob.
Otherwise i not think it would be possible for guys in EU to get a legend line helmet for a fair shipping price.

I don't think they are allowed to leave the interior raw fiberglass, due to safety concerns. :( Not their call to make unfortunately.

I do believe there will be working electronics, but if you are asking will they try to match the original boards/battery holders seen inside the helmet.... unlikely.
Thx. for your answer on this.

Maybe they made the lengend with that original looking interior and the limited without.
Than it realy would be worth to call legend line.
If they would do so,i think you'll never would get a licensed replica like that anytime again.
Would be cool anyway.

This changes everything about fett helmets now, absoloutly fantastic news. never would i have thought we would be able to get our hands on a helmet with such pure lineage, and you got to wear the real one Art!!
I take it the fett helmet will come painted? Would love to just be able to purchase one looking like it is in the photo, just primer and the visor fitted. Regardless of how it comes or even how much it is, I will be getting this. Thanks for this guys.

Just want to quell some fears here, but at the same time, I can't talk about some of these aspects in detail. However, the archives belonged to George Lucas, personally and did not go to Disney with the sale of Lucasfilm. However, George has now turned them over to be managed by a third party and the archives are now on a very hard lockdown due to legal mumbo-jumbo.

Will it always stay that way? I certainly can't say. However, when Lucas owned Lucasfilm, there was a vested interest in using the archives to help licensees make great products like the Fett helmet because at the end of the day, it means more money for the licensee and ultimately more money for Lucas. Now that the direct tie between Lucasfilm and the archives has been severed, there is no strong motivating reason for the archives to work with what is essentially Disney licensees. Given the recent change in attitude, by the archives, toward licensees, it does not bode well for the future of having the kind of access that brought you the Vader, and will soon bring you the scout and Fett...

So Art Disney has basically told you guys no more casting props? That's really sad. What did happen when Disney took over?This makes me a little sad at what the Legend line could have become,but at the same time makes my wallet a little relieved. Lol

Ben

Maybe they made the lengend with that original looking interior and the limited without.
Than it realy would be worth to call legend line.
If they would do so,i think you'll never would get a licensed replica like that anytime again.
Would be cool anyway.

Again, I don't think they get to make that choice.

I agree, bud. This turns the Fett world on its head and wipes the slate clean of a pile of helmets with questionable lineage as the lineage of this one is so direct.

Sadly, for us, eFX won't offer an unpainted helmet, but will only offer finished products. Gino is taking on the daunting task of painting the masters and as long as China replicates it even remotely well, I think we will see a helmet unlike anything that has been made available before!

This changes everything about fett helmets now, absoloutly fantastic news. never would i have thought we would be able to get our hands on a helmet with such pure lineage, and you got to wear the real one Art!!
I take it the fett helmet will come painted? Would love to just be able to purchase one looking like it is in the photo, just primer and the visor fitted. Regardless of how it comes or even how much it is, I will be getting this. Thanks for this guys.

I'm wondering if the fett will be more or less $$$ than the Vader... All that paintwork...

Still don't understand why the TK helmet can't be ABS... But both look and sound awesome.

Still love my Vader legend.

Art, can you explain to these people the difference in something like the GMH and this? Basically this casting to be closer to what's seen on screen vs the GMH and it's lil nuances... That while VERY neat... Not as close to what again... We see ON SCREEN.

Once everything is assembled on the mannequin, how will these stand up? Will the mannequin be sturdy enough to stand on its' own or will there be some kind of base or something else to keep it upright?

Thanks for the reply Art. Sounds complicated and a little sad for us. At least we get a few awesome props out of it for now. :)

Ben

Just want to quell some fears here, but at the same time, I can't talk about some of these aspects in detail. However, the archives belonged to George Lucas, personally and did not go to Disney with the sale of Lucasfilm. However, George has now turned them over to be managed by a third party and the archives are now on a very hard lockdown due to legal mumbo-jumbo.

Will it always stay that way? I certainly can't say. However, when Lucas owned Lucasfilm, there was a vested interest in using the archives to help licensees make great products like the Fett helmet because at the end of the day, it means more money for the licensee and ultimately more money for Lucas. Now that the direct tie between Lucasfilm and the archives has been severed, there is no strong motivating reason for the archives to work with what is essentially Disney licensees. Give the recent change in attitude, by the archives, toward licensees, it does not bode well for the future of having the kind of access that brought you the Vader, and will soon bring you the scout and Fett...

I have just finished speaking to two of the higher-ups at LFL and they have confirmed what I knew already. Art does have a point that I hadn't considered though..

To recap:
George did not sell the Archives from SWR to Disney...he retained all the props, costumes, etc. The Lucasfilm film archives were however sold to Disney

As Art mentioned, the props, costumes and models have been put in lockdown because they have been set aside for the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum which as many of you know already has been proposed for the Presidio area - Lucas' proposal is currently under review along with the other corporate applications.

If George's application for his cultural museum is successful then all of these items will go to the museum.

Although I knew all of the above already, what I hadn't considered is what might happen (as Art mentioned) to the re-licensing of these props and models because, if they go to the museum new agreements will in all probability need to be negotiated given the change in ownership.

All the best

MARK

As Art mentioned, the props, costumes and models have been put in lockdown because they have been set aside for the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum which as many of you know already has been proposed for the Presidio area - Lucas' proposal is currently under review along with the other corporate applications.

If George's application for his cultural museum is successful then all of these items will go to the museum.

Oh that is awesome - be great for this stuff to be on some sort of permanent display. As if SF wasn't already enough fun to visit...

Well, yeh but being its smooth and there are chips filled in cracks not there...how close is it REALLY to the ESB now. Its lineage is ESB sure, but how watered down? And how watered down will the actual product be? Follow me?

The helmet is smooth underneath the original paintjob, I don't think we can say this will be watered down at all, there will never be a closer representation of the ESB helmet available.

GINO, Art!

My god. This is something we could have only dreamed about. Art - remember when you shipped your camera over to me in the UK so I could go and photograph the ESB helmet at the Art of Star Wars exhibition when I went there with Natty15d?

Now, you guys know I am going to be anally critical about this thing so my first observation of the fiberglass prototype is that there appears to be some warping on the vertical parts of the mandibles. (Not tapered like the MR version but it seems to be a bit "wavy" ). Will this be fixed because it doesn't appear to do that in the movie stills of the helmet.

GINO - I will be looking at this paintjob through a magnifying glass and if ANYTHING is wrong, you will be held personally responsible! LOL.

Fantastic news about the Trooper armor but what's the latest on the Biker Scout helmet? THAT's what I've been waiting on more than anything else!

Chris

Last edited:
GINO, Art!

My god. This is something we could have only dreamed about. Art - remember when you shipped your camera over to me in the UK so I could go and photograph the ESB helmet at the Art of Star Wars exhibition when I went there with Natty15d?

I sure do! Such epic times. I remeber when the photos you guys took rocked the Fett world and helped take fans to a whole new level! That was so awesome and so much fun!

Now, you guys know I am going to be anally critical about this thing so my first observation of the fiberglass prototype is that there appears to be some warping on the vertical parts of the mandibles. (Not tapered like the MR version but it seems to be a bit "wavy" ). Will this be fixed because it doesn't appear to do that in the movie stills of the helmet.

Nothing wrong with that! I will be just as critical. While I was fortunate enough to be a part of this project, this is still an eFX production, and I, as much as everyone else, expect them to not only get it right, but to get it perfect!

EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO ARMOR LEGEND EDITION

Yes, you read that correctly. No it's not a typo.

For the first time in history, EFX is doing what no officially licensed company has ever been able to do - produce Stormtrooper helmets and armor made in ABS just like the screen-used originals.
Take a quick breath….

Thanks for the info, Gino. Probably too early to speculate, but I assume the ABS armor and helmet will be attached to the display mannequin in such a way that prevents someone from disassembling it? Of course, I'd certainly prefer that the helmet and armor be wearable, just like the screen-used originals - even though I'm certainly too tall for it. However, doing so would open the gates for some pretty unscrupulous goings-on, I'm afraid. In any event, would love to be able to display a Stormie down on a knee and taking aim, as well as standing with sidearm at parade attention. Looking forward to watching this in development.

Allan

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back