Scratchbuilt Jabba's Sailbarge / Khetanna custom Toy and Model WIP

Thanks for the njice words guys. Much appreciated here!! It helps me to go on and on and on......

I'd sell my left nut to be able to build like this. My attempts are so poor in comparison it makes me want to take up another hobby. ;)

Haven't checked your attemps yet but I am sure they are not that bad as you tell. You can learn a lot of tricks here if it helps. I started here as a newcomer as well. And if you made it on your own......handmade...be proud of it no matter what. Soon people will only be able to 3D print stuff. ;)

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna3#13feb2017

Now on with the sails and masts. Bought some brass parts to bend them like I need them:
[nggallery id=14 image_ids="1569, 1570"]
Khetanna_741.JPG

Khetanna_742.JPG

Added to the masts:
Khetanna_743.JPG

Khetanna_744.JPG

Dyeing some fabric (pictured with paper pattern). I searched long for a thin and proper cotton fabric to use. I also did some experiments on aging that sails. They were treated with water plus joiner's glue to make them stiffer.
Khetanna_745.JPG

Khetanna_746.JPG

Khetanna_747.JPG

Khetanna_748.JPG

Going into detail:
Khetanna_749.JPG

Khetanna_750.JPG

Khetanna_751.JPG

Khetanna_752.JPG

Khetanna_753.JPG

First test on the ship:
Khetanna_754.JPG

Khetanna_755.JPG

Khetanna_756.JPG

Khetanna_757.JPG

Khetanna_758.JPG

Masking and "when spraying goes wrong".... :(
Khetanna_759.JPG

Khetanna_760.JPG

Khetanna_761.JPG

I have found a solution to it now. But it takes a lot of time. i had to remove the brass bars and wash it with acetone. I needed 5-6 hours to fiy this mess....done for now.. :/

Hi there,
I just registered to say hello from germany from all my kids and me. We are watching this all the time and check regular if something new has been posted. My kids and I are so stunned by this!

Keep on and thanks for sharing!

regards from germany!

No updates.....sorry to say. Life.....

But this project never died.....no matter how long the breaks lasted. I am sure I will finish this one day. So please be patient. Thank you.

Regards

Wolff

Thanks for responding Wolff ,

Nice to hear from you .

For my part , I hope you didn’t feel ‘ harassed ‘ for updates . Take care , and wishing you the best .

:cheersGed

Hi Wolff,

Have you seen this update for crowdfunding a sailbarge by Hasbro already?

HasLab

27867452_10156586144322437_9036568967688924173_n_zpsrpdwieea.JPG

Still even at that size it's not as detailed as yours ... looking forward to some more progress :)

Chaïm

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back