Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox

infymys

Sr Member
I got an advance copy of the latest Justice League animated movie. Official release is July 30th. All I have to say is WOW. Best JL (I would even say best DC) animated movie ever. Based on the Flashpoint comic crossover where an alternate reality happens and Atlantis is at war with Themyscira. It pretty much is the start of the New 52 if you're into the comics. If you're a fan of DC animated stuff, I definitely recommend getting your hands on this. I actually screamed, "HELL YEAH!" when Deathstroke appeared in the movie.

Here's the trailer:

The Batman in the trailer is not who you think it is. However, Kevin Conroy is Bruce Wayne/Batman in the movie. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
While for me its not their best (For now my fav is still the red hood) it was very good. looking forard to the next ones that are coming :p

I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Everything I have seen just screams this will be the new mark to shoot for in animation movies from DC.

I enjoy the animated movies so much more than the tv series that have been put out as they come off as a little darker/more realistic at times. This movie will be no exception judging by the trailer. Super excited!

I love DC's animated stuff, mostly the old Tim Bruce universe from justice league and justice league unlimited but the newer stuff never disappoints unlike their live action movies. I'm also glad that they got some of their original actors back for characters such as Kevin Conroy as Batman and Ron Pearlman as Slade (I had no idea that was him doing it on Teen Titans for a long time).

Although it looks great, and I'll quite happily watch it...I don't like the Chest emblem they used for him. Just personal choice.

Apparently SEN has this available for instant download already so I watched it over the weekend. DEFINITELY not kid safe, the violence here is adult oriented, keep that in mind if you plan on watching this with your family. I thought it was good but not great, still behind Dark Knight Returns for me and about on par with JL Doom. It's DC Universe eye candy heaven considering how many heroes/villains they show in the war and which sides they end up being on, but I found the characters un-engaging for the most part and a lot of their motivations to be unconvincing. Still worth a watch if you like the animated DC features.

Although it looks great, and I'll quite happily watch it...I don't like the Chest emblem they used for him. Just personal choice.

If you mean Batman's emblem, well the departure from what's more traditional makes sense in context. I like the emblem personally, just not how it was rendered in this film. The shirt I have of it is awesome!

The movie wasn't too bad. The bit after the credits hints at the next video, which takes places 5 years earlier in the timeline. That was an odd choice. I was glad they added in some of the info from the tie-ins though, I only read the main title when Flashpoint came out and I don't recall the explanation for why the war started being given in those. I'm really glad that the bit with the Joker was in there too.

But I'm not sure how I feel about them going to the New 52 in the films. I get it from a business standpoint, I just still feel the whole venture was unnecessary from a creative standpoint and most of what I read in DC was largely unaffected by the reboot.

Got the chance to watch it today, I wasn't expecting that much violence and death, but it was good. And yes, this batman sure is badass ! Too bad we don't get to see more of the "joker", it would have been an interesting dynamic to watch.

But I'm not sure how I feel about them going to the New 52 in the films. I get it from a business standpoint, I just still feel the whole venture was unnecessary from a creative standpoint and most of what I read in DC was largely unaffected by the reboot.

agreed, didn't even boosted the sales in numbers and angered many fans - are they reversing the New52?

agreed, didn't even boosted the sales in numbers and angered many fans - are they reversing the New52?

It boosted the sales numbers for maybe a year, but I think they've settled back down to where they're being outsold by Marvel. Pretty much what I expected too, that it'd be a temporary sales boost that wouldn't address the long term problem of Marvel selling more units.

I wish they were reversing the New 52. I'd love if Trinity War ended with a reset back to the post-Infinite Crisis continuity, but it won't happen. It's funny, since the pre-reboot Booster Gold still exists, but apparently the New 52 Rip Hunter is trying to prevent him fixing things. At least that's what I gleaned from wikis, I can't be bothered to actually read JLI.

I liked Flashpoint Paradox, but I still think Justice League: Doom, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern: First Flight are superior.

I think the things that threw me off were the animation style (it seemed off), The Flash's voice (forgiven because it's Barry Allen, not Wally West, so no Michael Rosenbaum), and Wonder Woman's voice (I'm used to Susan Eisenberg, Wonder Woman movie notwithstanding). Additionally, I expected Aquaman to have a somewhat deeper, more booming voice, so Cary Elwes' softer tenor kinda threw me.

The story itself was good and well told, and I love how they did the speed effects, but the overall voice issue kinda took me out of it.

Half the time they don't reuse the JLU cast anyway for these films. They specifically did for Crisis on Two Earths partly because the script was recycled from a planned movie to bridge JL to JLU (hence why it's the same heroes from the first cartoon and it's about expanding the league). I think they also will reuse the JLU cast (as much as possible) when they need the established team chemistry and the audience attachment that brings.

I looked it up, and Alan Tudyk is voicing Superman in JL: War. That's going to be interesting.

Same here, I'm with you. What I didn't like was that most of the male superheroes looked like neanderthals, big brutish chins with small brains - threw me off. The "artist style" (it was an insult for me) was anime like, so twisted and turned that it isn't recognizable as a DC Animated. Second, it was waaay waaay very very dark for DC - I got enougth of this dark $h1t to be honest, my beloved superheroes have turned into maming killers. If that would translate on the silver screen you got MOS times 4 with the destruction. Hell, even the mostly flakked First Flight was better. I looove DCAU, but I also want to be true and honest, when the makers are getting off track.

I liked Flashpoint Paradox, but I still think Justice League: Doom, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern: First Flight are superior.

I think the things that threw me off were the animation style (it seemed off), The Flash's voice (forgiven because it's Barry Allen, not Wally West, so no Michael Rosenbaum), and Wonder Woman's voice (I'm used to Susan Eisenberg, Wonder Woman movie notwithstanding). Additionally, I expected Aquaman to have a somewhat deeper, more booming voice, so Cary Elwes' softer tenor kinda threw me.

The story itself was good and well told, and I love how they did the speed effects, but the overall voice issue kinda took me out of it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back