Joe Vs. the Volcano

micdavis

Master Member
A buddy of mine is a big fan of JOE.

It's a cool movie not widely liked but it's unique and interesting to some.

This guy accidentally made contact with an artist who did work on the movie including the lamp.

He still had the lamp shade and the artwork to produce it.

This will not be something that is going to be made (by request of the artist). Just thought people would like to see it.

Enjoy.

lamp1.jpg

lamp2.jpg

I know he can get the job, Harry. But can he do the job?

I'm not asking you that. . . I know he can get the job.

I love Mr. Waturi.. :lol

Cool prop.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(superjedi @ Jan 14 2007, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1397162[/snapback]</div>
I know he can get the job, Harry. But can he do the job?

I'm not asking you that. . . I know he can get the job.

I love Mr. Waturi.. :lol

Cool prop.
[/b]
"I am not arguing that with you."
"I AM NOT ARGUING THAT WITH YOU."

I don't care what anyone says, I found the movie to be quite amusing.

OT: Cool find on the lampshade. :thumbsup

I always liked the sister that Meg Ryan played, that would say "I have no response for that". I think I'll start saying that to everyone at work from now on.

:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betamin @ Jan 14 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]1397202[/snapback]</div>
I always liked the sister that Meg Ryan played, that would say "I have no response for that". I think I'll start saying that to everyone at work from now on.

:D
[/b]

I actually use that one from time to time.

A buddy of mine is a big fan of JOE.

It's a cool movie not widely liked but it's unique and interesting to some.

This guy accidentally made contact with an artist who did work on the movie including the lamp.

He still had the lamp shade and the artwork to produce it.

This will not be something that is going to be made (by request of the artist). Just thought people would like to see it.

Enjoy.

lamp1.jpg

lamp2.jpg
Hi,
I am new to forum. can you tell me where I go to see the picture of the lampshade.
thx

Hi!

I also am looking for artwork used on the lamp. Are these files still available? Looks like the originals were on idisk, is it possible they are now on your icloud?

:)

Thanks!

Hi,
I am new to forum. can you tell me where I go to see the picture of the lampshade.
thx

Hi!

I also am looking for artwork used on the lamp. Are these files still available? Looks like the originals were on idisk, is it possible they are now on your icloud?

:)

Thanks!

I, too am wondering if anyone has these files still? I've always wanted that lamp, and am really wanting to replicate it.

The OP is no longer a member.

I wish the pictures were still here... I checked the Wayback Machine and they existed only 2 years ago, but it didn't save them. I hope some one here has them saved and can post them again. I have a 35mm print of the trailer but unfortunately no lamp images. I'll have to wait for the blueray.

I love this movie, the people that get it, have wanted the lamp for a long time. I remember discussions about it on Usenet in alt.movies.joe-vs-volcano in the 90s. It's gradually going to happen, thanks to msisaac on the board we know the source of the figurine.

For Joe fans... Someone made a musical of the movie and produced it. It was put on somewhere in SoCal.

I would certainly buy a screen accurate lamp :D

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back