ebayer rip off

dekkx1

I found this guys page kicking around and wanted to warn as many people as possible.

carscobra427 | eBay

He is selling files I know a lot of people on here spend a lot of time making and distributing for free to help others out, especially as a great majority of builders here use the work to attend charity events as well as conventions

People like stealth, darkside etc need to know this guys is ripping off their work as his own and selling it.
This was the best way I could think to warn people

Great thread!
Here is another copying files that do not belong to him and passing them off as their own custom work!
I reported him to eBay about a year ago but they didn't do anything.
His name is abc.supermall
And claims to sell pulse rifle stickers however they are laminated paper photocopies of my original sticker set.
Poor suckers are buying a piece of paper laminated for more money than I originally sold them
Would love to know if he is on here!!!
anyone know him?
Marcel

I think your getting a little worked up over nothing. I bought the files from him. Ive spoken to this dude, Seems a decent guy actually. He stipulates he is taking no credit for building these and merely sells the compilation to save the convenience of trawling through endless threads. Im a new member and from a novice perspective this site is very confusing to me. if it hadnt been for this file disk i would never have known where to start. his help and advice were invaluble to me getting into this hobby.

I think your getting a little worked up over nothing. I bought the files from him. Ive spoken to this dude, Seems a decent guy actually. He stipulates he is taking no credit for building these and merely sells the compilation to save the convenience of trawling through endless threads. Im a new member and from a novice perspective this site is very confusing to me. if it hadnt been for this file disk i would never have known where to start. his help and advice were invaluble to me getting into this hobby.
Not really the point. He's profiting from other peoples work, which is not cool. How much it has helped you get started is totally irrelevant to the fact that he has not asked for permission from the files creators to share and sell them. I looked at the auctions, and nowhere does he say that he did not create those files himself.

One post and just joined the RPF and defending a guy that was recasting at least a year ago?

Nah, that doesn't seem funny at all.

From what i can gather, he had a mutual understanding with stealth. But from looking through the files myself i cannot see any relation to any creators or authors. i would imagine there would be if these were owned by any one person.

I was asking him about some of the files and he cant provide any information on them.

Could you provide screen shots of these files since he isnt able to?

PROTON PACK.PNGPROTON PACK2.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Is This any good to you? its the best i can do for now

What he is doing is flat out wrong, no matter what excuse he comes up with he is making money off of someone elses work, like bookface has said:

Not really the point. He's profiting from other peoples work, which is not cool. How much it has helped you get started is totally irrelevant to the fact that he has not asked for permission from the files creators to share and sell them. I looked at the auctions, and nowhere does he say that he did not create those files himself.

So how much is £6.50 and £1.50 in USD??

Wow he sure is making a killing...

So what does a Cd or DVD cost over there??

IF you give something away for free and someone takes the time to compile all of this and changes a little over costs...I don't see that much wrong...

My 2 cents worth.

Rich

The counter fight is to produce a complete set just like him and offer them on eBay for free...

Include the shipping and you will really clean up.

Rich

Seems pretty clear-cut: downloaded free files, sells them for money = ripping-off other peoples work.
Just noticed projectavenger is banned already, is that a record?

I reported him.

What tipped me off, is I asked the seller for creator names of some files. He played dumb.
Hi

I have checked every file and there doesnt appear to be one

thanks

Then I asked for some screenshots of specific files. He played dumb.

Im Sorry but your request is a little beyond my skill set.

thanks

I asked projectavenger in this thread:
I was asking him about some of the files and he cant provide any information on them.

Could you provide screen shots of these files since he isnt able to?

And was given:

View attachment 291893View attachment 291894

- - - Updated - - -

Is This any good to you? its the best i can do for now

These are part of the files I asked the seller. Where here I just asked for screen shots. He could have showed any.

The other tip off is the photos in the auction are Avengers themed.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back