Your Celebrity Top 10 'Dating' List

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, I love social experiments and this is yet another one so I can look inside your head and try to see your inner workings.

Here is the situation:

You are single. You are out in a coffee shop, or store, or dog park or wherever and you just so happen to see a celebrity from your 'Top 10' (and they are also single in this equation). You strike up a conversation, or perhaps they do, and the two of you hit it off and start a romantic relationship.

I'm interested in your list. Who did you pick, and why you picked them, are what have peaked my curiosity.

Now, this is my Thread and I do have a few rules:

1. NO PICTURES. I do not what this to turn into another 'Hot Chicks Thread'.

Since I'm asking you to post a celebrity I'm sure we probably all know what they look like and/or we can Google them. All I'm interested in is your list, who you picked.

I have already PM'ed Montagar so he can keep watch over this Thread.

2. You are picking celebrities as they are today.

If you pick Linda Carter (AKA Wonder Woman), you are picking her as she is today at age 61, not as she was in 1975 at age 25.

3. This is not an 'All-time' celebrity list. No Dead Celebs.

See above. I'm interested in what celebrity you would date TODAY, as they are TODAY. Yes, we all thought Marilyn Monroe was beautiful but sadly she is not someone you are going to run into at the grocery store and ask out.

4. All Celebs must be over 18, unless you are under 18.

Dude. That would be creepy.

5. This is open to both Girl and Guy RPF'ers.

Girls, don't be shy if you want to play along. Guys, try to keep it classy.

6. Keep it to 10 Celebs only.

Don't list 325 movie starts you have a crush on. I'm interested in your TOP 10. You don't have to post 10, but NO MORE than 10, okay?

7. Keep it to 'real celebrities'

A celebrity is someone most people in middle America have heard of, not a cosplayer who is famous in our community.

8. Why am I asking?

Looking at your list, I'm curious: Are they all older than you? Younger? Are they Actors? Musicians? Politicians? Athletes?

Do you have a 'type' (similar age/race/job/body type) or do your interests vary?

You can go into why each person is on your list, or just list them either in order or in no particular order.

Seeing your list might tell me everything about you. Or nothing about you.

Have fun. My list is in the second post.

- - - Updated - - -

My List: (in order)

1. Liz Phair (musician)
2. Kari Byron (tv host)
3. Scarlett Johansson (actor)
4. Kaley Cuoco (actor)
5. Shania Twain (musician)
6. Erika Christensen (actor)
7. Melissa Joan Hart (actor)
8. Kelly Clarkson (musician)
9. Jennifer Aniston (actor)
10. Kate Beckinsale (actor)

Last edited:
Re: Your Celebirity Top 10 'Daiting' List

In no particular order....

Hugh Jackman
Chris Hemsworth
Tom Hiddleston
Sean Bean
Ken Watanabe
Aiden Turner (especially if he has long hair, YUM)
Peter Dinklage
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Idris Elba

Re: Your Celebrity Top 10 'Daiting' List

What the hell...I'll play...

In no particular order...

Cobie Smulders
Jenna-Louise Coleman
Karen Gillan
Cat Deely
Nicola Bryant
Cote de Pablo
Salma Hayek
Lara Pulver
Brandi Love (yes...she's an "adult entertainer")
John Barrowman ;)

EDIT: Upon further review, it appears I have a thing for chicks with accents. :lol

Kat Dennings
Christina Hendricks
Selma Hayek
Kristen Bell
Michelle Rodriguez
Christina Aguilera
Sarah Silverman
Gabrielle Union
Eliza Dushku
Kate Hudson

No particular order cause I'll take whatever chance I can with any of the following:

Jessica Alba (actress)
Jessica Jung (singer/actress)
Hyori Kim (singer/actress)
Hyuna Kim (singer/actress)
Isla Fisher (actress)
Ziyi Zhang(actress)
Milynn Sarley (model/actress)
Jewel Staite (actress)
Alodia Gosiengfiao (model)
JeeJa Yanin (actress/martial artist)

Edit: Your rule #7. "Celebrities that people in Middle America have heard of." I can safely assume that a majority of people have not heard of quite a few people on my list. At least they haven't in "Middle America". They are however HUGE stars in the Far East and the Asian community in the western hemisphere and are "real celebrities" as you would call it.

Last edited:
Edit: Your rule #7. "Celebrities that people in Middle America have heard of." I can safely assume that a majority of people have not heard of quite a few people on my list. At least they haven't in "Middle America". They are however HUGE stars in the Far East and the Asian community in the western hemisphere and are "real celebrities" as you would call it.

Huge celebrities in other countries totally count, as most people have heard of them in their own country (middle America= middle Germany= middle China, etc)

- - - Updated - - -

Wank away!

Wow. Way to keep it classy bro. And respectful.

1. Brie Larson
2. Emily Blunt
3. Ellen Paige
4. Gillian Jacobs
5. Emma Stone
6. Jewel Staite
7. Jennifer Lawrence
8. Carey Mulligan
9. Anna Friel
10. Emma Watson

"I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food."
I just realized they're all actors, but it's the only kind of celebrity I pay much attention to. Looking at it now, apparently I wish to date intelligent, strong-willed young ladies with a bit of a quirky side. How could you not, though?

Last edited:
Is this based merely on looks? Or does perceived character (generally based on the persona we see on screen/stage/whathaveyou) play a role?

Is this based merely on looks? Or does perceived character (generally based on the persona we see on screen/stage/whathaveyou) play a role?
I assumed that the criteria was up to you, but I should hope most people's reaction to this question would be based on more than mere looks.

In no particular order

Jessica Alba
Shania twain
Kelly hu
Nina dobrev
Natalie portman
Sandra bullock
Amy Adams
Morena baccarin
Lea Thompson
Emma Watson
Kate beckinsale

Sheesh some kid crushes die hard and some of those make me creepy.

The age range is extreme.

No particular order cause I'll take whatever chance I can with any of the following:

Jessica Alba (actress)
Jessica Jung (singer/actress)
Hyori Kim (singer/actress)
Hyuna Kim (singer/actress)
Isla Fisher (actress)
Ziyi Zhang(actress)
Milynn Sarley (model/actress)
Jewel Staite (actress)
Alodia Gosiengfiao (model)
JeeJa Yanin (actress/martial artist)

I know JeeJa Yanin! My wife is Thai! so JeeJa Yanin gets sexy points for being cute, bad ass, and Thai!

I'll play along on this. In no particular order:

Danielle Panabaker (actress)
Crystal Reed (actress)
Josie Maran (model/actress)
Michelle Jenneke (athlete, famous for the "warm up dance")
Stephanie Sadorra (aka Jenni Lee... model/actress (adult))
Magda Apanowicz (actress)
Emmy Rossum (actress)
Lyndsy Fonseca (actress)
Felicia Day (actress)
Summer Glau (actress)

Ones that have grabbed me for atypical reasons...

Irene Jacob - especially after seeing her in The Double Life of Veronique ... I was completely smitten by her gentle angst.
Lena Olin - she's just fascinating to watch in Enemies: A Love Story and The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Tragically sensual.
Audrey Hepburn - at any age ... seriously.
Angelina Jolie - not for her looks, believe it or not. In fact, I think her head and lips and eyes are too big for my taste. But she's pretty intense IRL and that fascinates me. Plus she's a gun nut IRL which earns big points for me. Just watch her in "Original Sin." Then again, I've dated "intense" women before and it never lasts because it's not typically a healthy relationship ... but you do get to learn a lot about yourself.
Joan Greenwood - in Kind Hearts and Coronets and The Man in the White Suit. Her feline mannerisms in the former film are enthralling.
Jamie King in Sin City - I have to be honest, it's just the way she pistol-whips Mickey Rourke that turns me on.
Priyanka Chopra - Bollywood actress who is, no only stunning, but conveys intelligence. I hope it's not my imagination that she seems smart, but I'd welcome the chance to find out first hand. Watch her in the 2008 film, Fashion.
Jewel Staite - Firefly
Morena Baccaran - Firefly
Eva Green - in The Dreamers

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back