My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (V3 available in post #1 now!)

Re: My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (V2 Helmet DL Page 2!)

Fixed the first post to include the bottom of the faceplate. My bad! Thanks tommyb345
Dancin_Fool I re-checked the scaling and it seems to show up right for me, so not sure about that!

Also guess what i got the other day everyone?!?!?!

View attachment 271085

Got it for next to nothing too!

Unfortunately...one of the stepper drivers came unplugged while printing my first test print, and the electronics went kaplooie...New ones are on their way though!

Congrats on the printer brother!!!!

Re: My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (New Helmet available in post #1!!!)

Great prints of the files provided.
20140108_080954_resized.jpg

Re: My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (New Helmet available in post #1!!!)

Thanks for looking into it, it's probably just something weird with my units in Max.

Reticle3ad that print looks great. Is that straight out of the printer or after some sanding?

reticle3ad that looks so great! thanks for sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dancin_Fool, these are raw prints without sanding.

GhostMinion, I used ABS filament and replicator g for my prints

My build size is 9x6x6 so I have to cut into printable size the top and bottom helmet parts, which I'm having no success in printing, this may be due to me being new at this. I'll post more of my prints when I succeed or ask for help soon. Thanks for the feedback.:)

That is fantastic for a raw print. We're you printing at 0.1 or 0.2 z resolution. Also what speed were you printing at. Sorry for all the questions, just really impressed with your results.

Dancin_Fool, the print is at .27 hight with a feedrate of 40 mm/s and 55 of travel federate. nozzle temp is at 220. Glad I can help

My process so far. Printing the jaw next.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389294250.904243.jpg

tommyb345 looks great! thanks for sharing!

The jaw will be done printing tonight. Will post pics.

tommyb345 wow!!!! that looks so great! thanks for printing this stuff out! Think you could post some close ups of just the jaw from different angles? I'm interested to see how the jaw underneath and mouth area turned out.

I'm still waiting on some thermistors to get here for my hot end. should be here on saturday, hopefully when i get it installed my electronics don't explode...

@tommyb345 wow!!!! that looks so great! thanks for printing this stuff out! Think you could post some close ups of just the jaw from different angles? I'm interested to see how the jaw underneath and mouth area turned out.

I'm still waiting on some thermistors to get here for my hot end. should be here on saturday, hopefully when i get it installed my electronics don't explode...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389336902.924315.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389336971.172383.jpg

Still needs some sanding under neath but it came out great.

Back part of the top of the helmet is almost done. Damn I got a big noggin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389420738.114157.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back