My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (V3 available in post #1 now!)

Re: My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (New Helmet available in post #1!!!)

Always wanted a 3D printer and this just makes it worse! What printer are you using?

Re: My Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files (New Helmet available in post #1!!!)

Hey guys!

The helmet files are coming along really nicely! I'm almost done working out on the kinks, and have printed my second copy of the helmet (the first copy was too big)

I am fixing the scaling issues people have been having, and am working on making integrated hinges and different options for people that want different things from their helmets.

Here is the helmet minus ears (I've got something special in store for the ears ;) ) So stay tuned! Files WILL be coming for V3 before too long!

Thanks!

photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG

i need the eyeframes for my helmet

Ummm, eye frames for which helmet? Drumguy560's file shouldn't need eye frames........or did you mean the eye lenses?

If it's another helmet, well, show me what you got and I might have the eye frames you need.

Download links seem to not work for me, can anyone else try or point me int he right direction?

Re: Iron Man Mark III Helmet 3d Print Files

Alright everyone, before you download these files PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

I am not a professional in 3d modeling (and certainly haven't ever claimed to be!). That being said, there are some slight geometrical deformities in these files. That also being said, I don't think they are bad enough to cause problems 3d printing, aka, nothing a little bondo and sandpaper can't fix!

These files are free to do whatever on earth you want with. Edit them, cast them and sell them for a billion dollars, download them and paste them all over the internet and say that you were the sole mind behind them, I really don't care!!!

The only thing I ask is that if you print one of these helmets and make a cast of it, I'd sure like to have one for a discounted price!

Next, I DO NOT OWN A 3D PRINTER! I am very new to 3d printing and 3d modeling in general. That being said, there is no guarantee that these will work on any 3d printer in the world. I think they will, and I have used KISSSlicer to slice for the Ultimaker. I recommend that program due to its efficiency and ease of use.

Well, enough gushing. HERE YOU GO!!!! ENJOY!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/drumpunk560/helmetrender1-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/drumpunk560/helmetrender2-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/drumpunk560/helmetrender3-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/drumpunk560/helmetrender4l.jpg

and what the actual STL looks like all put together, you can see the details on the mouth better. Part of the mouth is courtesy of Kenlandrum.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/drumpunk560/helmetSTL.jpg

and here are the STL files, you will need to re-orient/split/add support structures yourselves, as I cannot possibly do that for every printer!

IRONMANMARKIIIEARV1 - Download - 4shared - D H

IRONMANMARKIIIFACEPLATEV1 (repaired) - Download - 4shared - D H

IRONMANMARKIIIHELMETBACKV1 (repaired) - Download - 4shared - D H

IRONMANMARKIIIJAWV1 (repaired) - Download - 4shared - D H

Also if you end up printing these, again I ask that you share a picture!

I also recommend that you scale one of these down for printing significantly smaller, like the size of your hand before committing to the full print!

The files are scaled to fit my head which is awfully big at 25" diameter, but it's made to fit with not much space anywhere. So it should fit around just about anyone's head!

and once again THANK YOU TO THIS FORUM!

Can you please, please re-upload, those link are not longer availible :/ i want this so bad!

Thank you man :)

Can you please, please re-upload, those link are not longer availible :/ i want this so bad!

Thank you man :)

Hmmmm, not sure why you're the second person in a matter of a week that said the same thing...........

But, I just checked and the links are working good still. Try again and see if they work this time (that's what the last guy did).

Hmmmm, not sure why you're the second person in a matter of a week that said the same thing...........

But, I just checked and the links are working good still. Try again and see if they work this time (that's what the last guy did).

can somebody please help me!!

i have this file

http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-Printing-an-Ironman-Helmet/?ALLSTEPS

i donwload it from there, i don't know anything about 3d programs :/ but y really really want to make it, i send it to printo but they tell me they're tiny and they need an scale size

i read the first comment and the size of my head from ear to ear is 30 cms

please can somebody help me just with the scale of those files?

sorry for the bad english

I started 3d printing the helmet from these files on my school's 3d printer.

Photo on 12-3-14 at 8.24 AM.jpgPhoto on 12-3-14 at 8.24 AM #2.jpgPhoto on 12-3-14 at 8.24 AM #3.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure if this question has been asked or answered, but I have been having some trouble scaling the parts correctly for my 3D printer. My original plan was to scale them in Creo, which is the program that I am currently learning. So far I have been unsuccessful in scaling the parts. Does anyone have suggestions for software which will get the job done?

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure if this question has been asked or answered, but I have been having some trouble scaling the parts correctly for my 3D printer. My original plan was to scale them in Creo, which is the program that I am currently learning. So far I have been unsuccessful in scaling the parts. Does anyone have suggestions for software which will get the job done?

Id use cura to scale and print.

Post #1 updated with V3!

Update!

A while ago I had talked about working on a MK2 faceplate prototype model.

Well, I finally got bored enough over the holiday break to start on it.

MK2faceplate.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back