Randy Cooper 37.5" Star Destroyer

Guess what I just got in the mail today.

Will go through the parts later just to make sure nothing is missing. Will start the build in a few weeks I have to go to hospital next week so this will be a good recovery project.

2013-08-01 13.41.30.jpg 2013-08-01 13.43.20.jpg

Awesome!! :) I will be ordering mine in a couple of weeks so I am curious to see some more pictures of your kit, its got me all excited now :p

Awesome!! :) I will be ordering mine in a couple of weeks so I am curious to see some more pictures of your kit, its got me all excited now :p

Great kit I am saving my pennies for that one.

I had a quick peek at some of the parts, you won't be disappointed very awesome details also prompt delivery didn't expect it so soon. Going to be lighting this, I purchased 3000ft of .5mm from here

Looking forward to the build. Hope all is well. Stay Healthy

Thanks for the well wishes, Hopefully everything will go O.K.

Thanks for the link I will definitely be getting some from there, all the best to you as well :)

I had a quick peek at some of the parts, you won't be disappointed very awesome details also prompt delivery didn't expect it so soon. Going to be lighting this, I purchased 3000ft of .5mm from here

Thanks for the well wishes, Hopefully everything will go O.K.

if you don't mind me asking, I`ve seen the page and can contact cooper directly but there wasn't a price listed, and I`d love to know the damage on this one. I will be starting smaller to get back into building then branch out from their..

Quick update, was a bit busy building another kit link. Most of the work so far has been a lot of sanding, test fit, sanding, test fit, but all is working out so far.
The super glue that I'm using is filling a lot of the smaller gaps and after sanding feels okay but wont know until the primer goes down, there's few larger gaps to fill but nothing to complain about, still in the process of notching out holes for where the fibre optics are going to go.

This little beauty has saved me a lot of hours of sanding.
2013-12-08 09.44.18.jpg

Some homemade sanding sticks
2013-12-08 09.46.31.jpg

2013-12-08 09.38.51.jpg

2013-12-08 09.54.10.jpg

2013-12-08 09.54.41.jpg

As I just about finish mine after about 19 years, NOW I found this....haha. Oh well, I need to move on to something else. Maybe a 30 year build of a super star destroyer.........

Now go out and buy two of those Dragon models 1/700 scale battleship kits and add thousands more parts to it and really have fun!!!!! Buy a fiber optic lamp from Walmart and go to town. It will be worth every second of your efforts. :)

hey dude,great to see you've started your cooper sd.i've had mine unbuilt sitting in a box for a couple of years.god knows when i'll get around to starting it.we had one of these built and lit at wasmex earlier this year.dave,one of our fellow members did a great job on it.
if you need any tips i'm sure he will be glad to help out.

Here the link for the Star Destroyer, price is below the thumbnails on the top right.
It was a bit intimidating at first, but now enjoying the build. Any tips would be greatful.

Oh, dang, it says it needs "advanced modeling skills." I imagine that would take a bit more than I have at the moment.

Best of luck to you! I can't wait to see it finished!

- Master Tej -

I have saved all my pennies and have bought one, i is one of the best rein kits I have in my collection cant wait to start on it.

Muz

Got the top hull glued together. Had an issue with one side being shorter than the other nothing a few strips of styrene and some sanding can't fix though.
Started drilling the holes for the Fibre Optics, this is going to take a while.

2013-12-30 13.47.54.jpg 2013-12-30 13.48.18.jpg

2013-12-30 13.57.32.jpg 2013-12-30 13.57.41.jpg

2013-12-30 13.59.39.jpg

Once the holes are drilled and the trenches are glued in place I will start reinforcing the interior with some aluminium tubing to support a stand that slides in from a hole in the trench in the side of the ship.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back