Lady Archer Short Dress Scratch Build

I hope that they do... there was a bodice pattern that's gone missing as well. the catch is that those patterns were cut out of cardboard...which would have blended in easily with the myriad moving boxes that I broke down and threw out when I moved. o_O

We shall see... but really the princess gown pattern is really the same 6 panels... you just have to change a couple of details like the neckline and remove the sleeves.

Here's another view of the long dress, so you can see the sillouhette a bit better:

Last edited:
I hope that they do... the catch is that those patterns were cut out of cardboard...which would have blended in easily with the myriad moving boxes that I broke down and threw out when I moved...

We'll try to remain hopeful... but I had to chuckle in frustration when you mentioned they were made of cardboard. The pile of cardboard boxes I've created and tossed away after moving...

Fingers crossed for ya! :)

As I'd written earlier, I have long since lost the cutting pattern that I had made for the short dress. :-( I have moved several times since I made this, and the pattern was lost somewhere in one of those moves.

But as I had said in the posts just above, you could easily use a standard princess seam gown pattern to make the short dress...just cut the hem shorter and modify the neckline, add a hood, etc.

https://www.fabric.com/buy/0388968/...3&cadevice=c&gclid=COTcs5jmusYCFQoLaQodCdEKdw

I used this pattern to make the long dress pictures a few posts back. The overall design is the same as the archer short dress...just cut the hem short and modify the neckline, add a hood and leave off the sleeves. The princess seam construction is built right into this pattern, and also into the short dress I made. Though I created it without a pattern, I used the very same principle as the princess seam gown pattern does.

I really do regret having both lost the pattern i'd made for this, and for giving the dress itself away. :(

I resolve to make a new one this year... and when i do i shall document the build (and safeguard the pattern) properly. :p

I will be updating this thread soon.

In the mean time, here are some of the pics which were not showing earlier in the thread due to Photobucket:

v4qonot.jpg

av3ZaWh.jpg

h95fYSo.jpg

l0uWnJp.jpg

p2ga5Q7.jpg

4hgubF0.jpg

TlQa12m.jpg

The craftsmanship here is staggering! You should be really proud, this looks incredible. I have never seen anything like this. That quiver is just eye candy! It looks absolutely perfect.

Beautiful work!

This is sadly an example of how time and technology both combine for the loss of information.

Glad you still had the images and thanks for re-posting.
I hope you quickly enjoy revisiting an old project.

That is (was?) excellent! I love the embroidery!
But a wool blanket for a summer dress?? Gah! That must have been miserable...

believe it or not, it's actually not bad.

Wool--though heavy and insulative--also breathes SO well, and wicks moisture away from the body. It's far superior in terms of comfort than any mad made fibre. :)

I have made SO many articles of clothing from wool blankets... and I don't *always* restrict their wear to the winter months.

27591225_10214944786509482_814956241_n.jpg

This floor length jacket (known correctly as a "Pelize") is made of the same blankets as the short archer dress.

In fact, this was how that archery dress began...as a floor length gown. But in the case of the archery dress, I cut it short and added a hood--as well as closed up the front.

This jacket was sitting on a mannequin for two years unfinished. One day, i decided to complete it.

27458923_1567000460049550_370038814160825233_n.jpg

That's me on the left. This is what the Archery dress was intended to be. I made this one first, then copied it over again, but instead cut it short., changed details, removed sleeves and added the hood.

27938984_10215037738113214_849974782_n.jpg

Here's the Pelize without the knit shawl.

Wool is my FAVOURITE!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back