Screen Used Judge Janus

Those digital caliper shots are a dream come true for us accuracy-obsessed do-it-yourselfers! Thank you!

Great glove shots too. I also own a pair of screen gloves and you've done a much better job of documenting them than I have been able to do. Now I can just refer folks to this thread. : )
I can confirm that those are definitely background gloves (like mine). The knuckles and finger armor on the Dredd gloves are slightly different, scavenged directly from a pair of ONeal gloves, unlike these imitations. Also, the Dredd gloves have extra stitched padding on the palms. But otherwise, I think it's all pretty much the same.

Thanks again for your efforts on behalf of the whole Dredd costuming community.

Just awesome photos!! Thank you for sharing such great details and giving your time to further the knowledge of the uniform. Thanks ZedR and congratulations on winning this fantastic piece of movie history.

Something I was thinking about tonight....

How deep does the pants leg go into the boot? Did they use stirrups on the pants to keep the leather from riding up/out of the boot?

Also, how were the Knee and Elbow pads attached to the costume? Sewn-on or glued into place?

Amazing, you (we) are seriously lucky to have that kind accurate reference material at hand, thank you so much for letting us see your Janus Suit in all of it's glory :D this will give me loads of things to work on when I start building my own Judge Costume.

Hi Zed. Any chance you can show some measurements for the door mine and holder? Love to see how the original holder was put together. Thanks for all the pictures already.

Hope your still doing these measurements because I seem to be lacking the Elbow and Knee measurements for any Dredd 2012 film costume, any chance of you taking pics of yours with a tape measure on the height, width and depth showing the curve of the knees and elbows pretty please?

Can you tell me what the distance is from the stitches on the armor plates to the edge of the armor's material?
It looks like it might be 1/4" but I can't tell and I'm trying to trim my armor plates to be as close to move accurate as I can.

Much appreciated. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back