Looking for the Ultimate "Star Wars" ANH Han Solo holster for my new blaster

samcolt45

Greetings,

I need some advice from the folks out there who have bought holsters fore their "Star Wars" ANH Han Solo. After many years of wanting my own, I now have one, and I looking for the best or ultimate rig to go with it. So, I'm looking for input.

So far, the only sources I'm aware of are:

SW

Wade Egan Leather Co. Top quality, handmade American leather craft.

While, I do have a background in leatherworking, my efforts to locate a pattern and make my own holster have failed, so I'm decided to purchase one, although If someone knows where I can find a pattern, please let me know.

The other thing I'm concerned with is, due to a disability, I'd need a left-handed holster, and I know Wade Egan will make left-handed holsters.

Being a professional firearms journalist, my goal is to write an article about the pistol, and the holster makes not only an excellent piece of gear, my though is it would make great prop for photos, too.

Bob Boyd
AKA Samcolt45

Wade claims his holster to be THE MOST accurate ones available, they run about $100+ more, compared to the MPfilmcraft ones.

I read somewhere, that Wade has some problems currently, when it comes to deliver items in time!?

Markus

I think Wade is done. I can't say for sure because he's not talking to me anymore, but from what I understand he isn't delivering any more. I designed his Solo holster when I was working for him, but he kept the patterns when he moved and I haven't gotten around to remaking them. I do still have the patterns and resources to make the buckles, but a set costs $150 to make and I'm still trying to get them to make the C clamp for me.

That being said, I've always thought the MP version was cheap garbage. I might not have gotten as into leather work if I had thought his was worth buying.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back