Iraqi Fedayeen "Darth Vader" helmets

Wasn't Sadam a Star Wars fan and the helmet was fashioned after Vader for his own personal guards.

Ben

I'll have a go... It's been a while since I had a Blender project to get stuck in to, and summer holidays have just started.

But just so's you know, I've got a heap of chores booked by my wife, so if you feel your ears burning... ;)

Seriously, I'll have a go at creating the mesh and getting it ready for pepping, but it probably won't be done till after Christmas.

Cheers, Phil

Who wants to take the challenge of reproducing these beauties? :D

Iraqi Fedayeen

This could be anything from a Cobra helmet to a smallish Dark Helmet helmet.

Parks

Re: Iraqi Fedayeen "Darth Vader" helmets

Well, it's a bit rough and anyone is welcome to rework the mesh, but here it is for what it's worth.

Iraqi Fedayeen helmet Blaxmyth v1 - ?? - 4shared

Fediyeen.png

Best, Phil

Who wants to take the challenge of reproducing these beauties? :D This could be anything from a Cobra helmet to a smallish Dark Helmet helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention - I scaled it to 280mm high, on the basis that it's probably not that large, but it's easier to scale a pdo file down than enlarge it. Also, it's an A4 unfold.

Well, it's a bit rough and anyone is welcome to rework the mesh, but here it is for what it's worth.

Iraqi Fedayeen helmet Blaxmyth v1 - ?? - 4shared

Fediyeen.png

Best, Phil

Gosh Phil, this will be an unusual task for you. Look forward to seeing the Pep finished so that maybe I can build one. :D

Here are a couple pages about them

Object of the Month March: Helmet worn by members of the Fedayeen Saddam | The Museum Of Army FlyingThe Museum Of Army Flying
How Darth Vader?s helmet didn?t help Saddam Hussein?s Fedayeen soldiers use the dark side of the Force | scyfilove

The story I've always heard is that Saddam's son was the Star Wars fan. When he (Uday?) was put in charge of these forces, he designed these helmets in an attempt to instill fear in their opponents. You know, in battle, when you see a few hundred Vader silhouettes charging your line, you would of course lay down your arms in fear of that movie villain you worried about as a child. It obviously didn't work, and they just ended up looking like dorks.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back