New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

I doubt it'll do that, but for that price feel free to hollow it out and stuff one of those things inside it.

It's beautiful! I'll (hopefully) lose all the cables, have to purchase a new one for replacements, then conveniently find all of the cables again! My God! The moment I saw the thing I went into shock! Speaking of sonics, has anyone else heard about that super, all gold or silver plated version of Smith's remote? I'm personally just interested in seeing the thing, never been a fan of the all-metal look.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that QMX will never release their sonic now. We get this one in metal, with sound and (remote control, though I'll probably never use it as such) for $110.00. How can they compete with that?

I wonder if it can be modified to Jam mobile signals on public transport? Now that's the function I'd want on a Sonic. ;)The crackle looks very good in the photos, hope it looks good in the flesh. Like what they have done with the plug at the tip of the slider. No screws either, I wonder how it all holds together?

The market's ruined for QMX. Given that the larger portion of the customer base is made up of interested casual viewers, having a remote option which is unbelievably affordable will seem the better deal. Their only option would be to reduce costs on the sonic to the point of their being unable to make a profit on the product. I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing much more of QMX in the Who department, unless they move their market to decent fob watches, etc. They've likely been soured by the whole experience.

QUOTE<"I'm pretty sure that QMX will never release their sonic now. We get this one in metal, with sound and (remote control, though I'll probably never use it as such) for $110.00. How can they compete with that? >"- NMR

Anyone pre-ordered yet? I'm predicting a fast sell, and the only way I'm betting I'll receive it by All Hallows' Eve is by booking it now at Firebox.

Here's one more pic from ThinkGeek's site.

13a8_exclusive_10th_doctor_sonic_screwdriver_remote_inhand2_zpse47a2715.jpg

SOLD OUT!!!!!?????

Arggggggg, curse me for not immediately running to ThinkGeek when I first heard about this!

Well, I did click the email me button when it comes, 'back in stock'!

I need to get two of them. My daughter will love to have one to play with.

The Smith sonic is an intricate mechanism. Tennant's was just a tube it slid in and out of. Much more simple.

But the Smith also has a sliding tube. The claws are on the outside, Wand reps said they didn't make it extendable because of the electronics. I still say if they can do it with the Tennant version, they should take another look at the Smith design and try again.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back