New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

I really hope there is an "fx mode" like on the 11th but is actually activated by pushing the button. Is that so hard? Also, itd be simple enough to make it only function as you hold down the button, so its not sputtering out random noises when youre just holding it.

Next to nonexistent. The 9 and 10 sonics are so similar that to 99.99% of viewers they're identical. But hey, if you want a clunky button, it should be a pretty easy mod.

Tennant's prop is basically a refined version of Ecclestone's. Until Series 3, I don't think it was supposed to have been a different sonic (In show).

Will some/most of you try and further mod it so it's not longer a remote? Or does it seems like it's going to be so exact already that it'll be perfect as is even if you're not getting it for the remote function?

I really hope there is an "fx mode" like on the 11th but is actually activated by pushing the button. Is that so hard? Also, itd be simple enough to make it only function as you hold down the button, so its not sputtering out random noises when youre just holding it.

If you read the support section on their website, you'll see that there is an FX mode.
Hope that helps.

I find that the wand company remotes are impossible to use and their functions kind of ruin them as prop replicas. Plus the emitter will have a clear tip. I'll be modding mine. May or may not fill in the cracks and repaint the handle depending on how deep they molded the texture. If it's like the CO toy, it's definitely getting fixed.

According to the website they scanned the crackle lines exactly as they are on David Tennant's sonic. Since his sonic is screen used, my guess is it will be a bit more shallow than the CO Risu ;)

I will DEFINITELY buy one!

Well we would hope, but if the paint doesn't turn out, they might choose to deepen the cracks on their 3D model to make it work better.

I'll repaint mine, because if anyone has noticed, if you look at the picture of the prop when it was photographed by Neil Gorton, the crackle is different. My theory is that it was repainted when it was given to David Tennant.

The pics on the wand company site of it being scanned show immaculate paint, so I think you must be right. I read somewhere that Tennant had a habit of flaking away the paint with his thumb, so it seems like it MUST have been repainted prior to being gifted to him.

If this devolves into a "repainted Tennant gift sonic vs. show era" argument about paint job accuracy, I'm going to put a bullet in my head.

I doubt anyone cares whether the specific crackle pattern matches what was on screen... It's not like any other sonics out there have claimed to match it, because it's impossible. As long as the look is right, then it'll be great.

Tenant uses his own sonic in the November special. So it will be S/A. But it's taking S/A a bit far even by sonic these thread standards.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back