Scottjua's stuff: Live Fire Blasters, Props, Sabers: Relby K23s

Re: My blaster builds thread: UPDATE: LIVE FIRE Han Solo ANH DL-44 Mauser C96

Scottjua, I think you should know; no one here likes you.

greenwnvy.gif

Awesome! Although part of me wanted to say "That belongs in a museum!"

Side question: what's the story with the ejector? I thought the C96 was semi-auto? Did you do something to it mechanically (I didn't read through everything) that requires you to manually cycle the bolt, or are you just doing it that way out of choice or to preserve the structural integrity of the prop components?

thanks guys!

Solo4114, it's because I was using private load ammo I bought online... that was too light/conservative. It wouldn't cycle the gun because the grain of bullet and powder was too light.

I've since gotten some factory load ammo and new springs (the original main spring was STRONGER than normal) so that combo should make it work perfectly. I may go test it tomorrow actually.

Oh man...must not be jealous...failing miserably...GAAHHHH! Who am I kidding, your live fire is freakin' AWESOME! And here I am, a nobody who can't even find his first MGC after 6 months of looking...Oh well, all I can do is play around with a couple of Denixes, and secretly drool over other people's soaring achievements. And THIS is, without a doubt, one of those moments indeed. :thumbsup

Thanks man!

I just got a new addition... a Red 9 Mauser, so once I get that sorted, I will go shoot again next week with factory 7.63 ammo and new springs, and it should shoot right.

I will shoot some more video then.

Man, I don't know how I lucked into 4 MGCs in a short time. It was me willing the universe to yield them I guess. I've only seen two since, and they sold pretty high.

At first it was near impossible.

Watch the Japanese auctions... they're some chrome ones floating around over there... You could always strip chrome. ^_^

Whelp... I know who I'm going to when I start to try and build my Solo blaster ;)

Thanks man!

I just got a new addition... a Red 9 Mauser, so once I get that sorted, I will go shoot again next week with factory 7.63 ammo and new springs, and it should shoot right.

I will shoot some more video then.

Man, I don't know how I lucked into 4 MGCs in a short time. It was me willing the universe to yield them I guess. I've only seen two since, and they sold pretty high.

At first it was near impossible.

Watch the Japanese auctions... they're some chrome ones floating around over there... You could always strip chrome. ^_^

Thanks for the advice man, I'll definitely try and find some online auctions. I've already been scouring all the American ones I've found, but does anybody have some links to Japanese ones? Also, would anybody be willing to let go of their MR Elite Edition ANH DL-44? (The last one online sold for over $1200! When I saw that, I was like WTF?) As for my Denix, unfortunately, the lower receiver was destroyed in an unruly accident with a particularly moody drill bit. So, I'm starting from scratch (again)!

That sucks. While not free, at least a denix isn't too expensive. So I wouldn't cry about it too much like ruining an MGC... or a real Mauser.

I sold my MR Elite for way less than that, and it was perfect... dang. Wish I could have gotten that much!

Edraven99, definitely... let me know ^_^

As always absolutley stunning, another fantastic blaster

I love the finished look of your blasters always spot on

Look forward to seeing the next one

That sucks. While not free, at least a denix isn't too expensive. So I wouldn't cry about it too much like ruining an MGC... or a real Mauser.

I sold my MR Elite for way less than that, and it was perfect... dang. Wish I could have gotten that much!

Edraven99, definitely... let me know ^_^

Master Replicas Star Wars ANH Han Solo DL 44 Blaster RARE Elite Edition MIB | eBay

I'd LOVE nothing more than to buy a MR ANH EE, but for $1225.00, I could EASILY buy a real one, though I don't yet meet all the requirements of owning a real one. If anybody wants to sell theirs for under $800, then I would be extremely interested, but until then, Denixes all 'round! (Though personally, I kinda hate how crappy the Denix is anyways.) I'm also in the process of playing around with a HFC Mauser that I picked up for about $80, and although it is based off a M712, I'm sure that it could still be a road worth taking. (It's definitely better quality than the Denix, that's for sure!)

update:

I took the gun to the range today after replacing all the springs and... it still didn't cycle... at first.

The first 75 rounds... nothing... same old... no cycling. Then it started to get hot and loosen up and I got some jams on ejection... which was a good sign. Finally it started to cycle and the last 10 rounds I had I got 3-4 jams and the rest cycled. The range guys all said that was common for a non-shooter collector piece that gets new springs.

On a side note I took my newly acquired Red 9 Mauser with new springs and it fired awesomely the whole time!

I have some video and pics, but not sure they're worth a crap to post.

I am SO jealous...can you make one for me LOL

A fantastic piece!! Congrats! :thumbsup This is how a prop replica should be, if I was collecting outside Imperials a blaster like this would be my first choice!

Again, kudos to you, oh master-of-blasters. I can't stop looking at your live fire pics! BTW, I hope that you'll enjoy your new, near-perfectly screen accurate Hensoldt scope!

P.S. "Project X" is still underway, and the first step will be completed by the end of next week, without doubt. ;)

Thanks! I've been improving it lately. And testing... more to come when I have a full report.

Scott you are a mega beast I have watched your youtube video a dozen times. So Impressed.....

I am so happy I contacted you about building my DL-44..

Thanks man! If I can just get the thing cycling properly. I have a few more things to try before I give up. I'm almost there. Patience is not a quality I have in abundance, so this is hard for me to wait for ammo... wait for springs... wait for money to go shoot...

Thanks man! If I can just get the thing cycling properly. I have a few more things to try before I give up. I'm almost there. Patience is not a quality I have in abundance, so this is hard for me to wait for ammo... wait for springs... wait for money to go shoot...

I would also recommend using abundant amounts of lube to make sure that the action is nice and smooth. This may also help with your cycling issue, although you'll still have to break the new springs in. Can I get any hints as to your next project? ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back