Scottjua's stuff: Live Fire Blasters, Props, Sabers: Relby K23s

Re: A DL-44 build for ME: LUKE ESB ADDED scottjua blaster catchall thread

Thanks!

All I need now to really be satisfied is the correct bolts to hold the m19 to the mount. For now I found some hex heads that work but they're a little too small I think.

Anyone have ideas where to look?

I love that Luke ESB. It's one of the things I need to get eventually for my costume. Fantastic work :)

Thanks man!

And now here's a video talking about all my SW blasters... exceptt he MR Stormtrooper for sale of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Adam Savage DL44 build is my second fav video but this is my favourite for sure. Simply inspiring listening to the eye for detail and getting to see the lineup of all those blasters. Plus they look sooo good

Thanks! When I'm done with my E11 I will add that... then the Mersonn and the live fire Hero eventually.

Well... here's the brief story/build of my my E11.

It all started with a friendly tip from a fellow RPF'er about a demilled sterling E11 that got posted to ebay. He was international and there was no way it was going abroad legally, so he tipped me off.

I contacted the seller, and got it for a super bargain price.

However, when it came, it was in so-so condition. Sure it was real and worn, but the first thing was the scope rail came right off in my hands out of the box... it just flopped off. It was not even really fastened in, and was more or less jammed or wedged into the rear sight and apparently, with tension alone.

There was rust in almost every crevice, and you could easily see where this was a torch cut sterling that had been re-welded. The welds however, were cracking and had huge chunks of metal missing all together.

Teh T tracks, were some odd abomination super glued to the main barrel...

I asked the seller some of the details, and he said he got it for his 501st trooping, acquiring it from another trooper who purposely added/painted on the rust since he was a sandtrooper.

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

Well, it looked awful, and while I want a worn/weathered blaster, I don't want a rusty holy piece of crap.

So I stripped it down, which was a MAJOR Pain in the booty. After getting down to the metal I could see where the welds had been filled with some bondo type of substance, but not very well.

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

The red is my blood… I put my blood into this build
IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

I also pulled on the bolt... that was supposed to be welded closed, and the thing gave and ****** back a couple of inches. Now since the thing was cobbled back together, it was NOT smooth, or even really working. However, I decided to try to strip it completely for refinishing...

I took a rubber mallet and removed the entire bolt and spring set eventually with a LOT of work, and then went about re-filling the holes and cracks with JB weld.

After getting it all back together I cleaned and degreased all in the springs and bolt and put it back in.

Primed, and painted.

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

Unfortunately with paint and primer some of the lettering details were lost on the mag well, and my jb weld blending kind of sucked. So I tested the bolt to see if my JB weld fix worked, and it came loose… and CRACKED the welds and JB weld again…

IMG_3408.jpg

Soooo… I stripped the sucker AGAIN… but this time had a friend WELD the thing back together! The penetration sealed the bolt CLOSED for good… It WILL NOT cock or move without extreme force breaking the welds.

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

This and another two spots were welded, but I wanted a small tack here so I could clean it easier.
IMG_3505.jpg

So after filing and cleaning the slag, I re-smoothed all of the surfaces with JB as best I could… and instead of priming… did LIGHT coats of paint… and it looks great!

Baked to cure
IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

Not PERFECT… but very hard to notice unless with contrasty light and this angle
IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

Then Since the scope rail sucked I had to make a new one. New one in progress next to old one with Resin scope.

IMG_3540.jpg

I liked the shape of the old one so I replicated it.
IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

Bought some raw aluminum bar from the hardware store and got to SLOWLY bending it to shape. Cutting, painting and fitting.

IMG_3543.jpg

I also got a small L bracket for the hengstler I picked up from Marv and fabricated that.

IMG_3544.jpg

Drilled into the metal cage, and an added 4-40 set screw to keep it level.

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

REAL Scope replacing the resin one
IMG_3548.jpg

Fake and real next to each other
IMG_3550.jpg

Hengstler mounted
IMG_3553.jpg

I decided the best was to secure it was to bolt it to the frame through the rear sight.
IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

finally I used Marv's T track for the front grips and used the boiled water method. AfterI bothced two of them by trimming them, I got the rest down nicely. So I need to replace two of them…

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

Now all I need is some cylinders. ^_^

Re: A DL-44 build for ME my blaster builds thread: UPDATE ADDED E11

See Scott...TOLD YOU you shouldn´t get rid off that sterling and get to work on it ;)

Looking great man!!!

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

See Scott...TOLD YOU you shouldn´t get rid off that sterling and get to work on it ;)

Looking great man!!!

Markus

Yup! Man I'm glad I stayed with it. Seeing how the cuts are on most out there it would have really been a suck to fix one.

I like it a lot.

where is the thread for the blaster kit from dark energy, are they still making them? Thanks

Exceptionally beautiful Luke Blaster. But speaking of accuracy, it's kind of amusing to see that a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, certain parts of the blaster by BlasTech Corporation were made in JAPAN. :D

That's ace!

Do the MGC's have wooden grips? They look different to the Denix...

I had some requests for a couple Luke DL-44 scope mount knobs.

So I made some and shipped em put today.

Heck I could do a small run if there was enough interest.

image.jpg

Great job on the Sterling Scott.
My Sterling was my first 'real' build and it greased the sole's of my shoes as I stood at the top of the slope :)

Andy's cylinders will finish it off nicely.

Fantastic job on all your blasters. Love them all but my favorite is still the Han ANH you converted.

I also love your saber conversions on FX-sabers and personaly owe an Ahsoka Tano you made.

:thumbsup

For parts

Weird... man, I still have NO pm from you....

Great job on the Sterling Scott.
My Sterling was my first 'real' build and it greased the sole's of my shoes as I stood at the top of the slope :)

Andy's cylinders will finish it off nicely.

Thanks! Yeah I definitely wants those cylinders, but it seems like he's disappeared.

Fantastic job on all your blasters. Love them all but my favorite is still the Han ANH you converted.

I also love your saber conversions on FX-sabers and personaly owe an Ahsoka Tano you made.

:thumbsup

Thanks man! I just finished another Ahsoka for someone. I haven't posted, but there's a video on my youtube of it at least. Which one do you have????

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back