Scottjua's stuff: Live Fire Blasters, Props, Sabers: Relby K23s

Re: Scottjua's prop builds and collection: UPDATE: super mega pic dump

Here's my first Jawa blaster build. This one for Peter in Hong Kong, and based on a Denix SMLE with a real vintage grenade cup.

The denix doesn't have a full barrel up top, so once you cut the wood you have to MAKE the barrel. I also had to make the adapter piece that goes up against the grenade cup. The grenade launcher cup comes with a mount for attaching to the SMLE, but it's flat and has claws that grab on to the muzzle. So I had to machine that hunk of steel down to a post to press fit into the aluminum adapter I made. It wasn't very fun. Tiny red hot steel shards flying everywhere while turning it down.

Anyway, it allowed me to use the original threaded attachment point. I then blued the aluminum bits and attached it all together by press fit and epoxy. It shouldn't be going anywhere unless you club droids with it.

Here's some pics.

A20170501-140735.jpg

A20170501-140715.jpg

A20170501-140838.jpg

A20170501-140805.jpg

A20170501-140810.jpg

A20170501-140932.jpg

A20170501-140947.jpg

HAA!! :lol I did the same thing after I saw your post :thumbsup. I'm saving up for one now. I found a real one at a local gun shop a few months back. I almost bought it, as my first piece in a Jawa build. But, the more I thought about it, I knew I couldn't cut it down. The marbling in the wood stock was just too nice. Then I just wanted it for the history of it, but I had to wait for a paycheck. &, of course, when I went back for it, it was gone.
Your build though, seriously, is absolutely stunning. All of them!

HAA!! :lol I did the same thing after I saw your post :thumbsup. I'm saving up for one now. I found a real one at a local gun shop a few months back. I almost bought it, as my first piece in a Jawa build. But, the more I thought about it, I knew I couldn't cut it down. The marbling in the wood stock was just too nice. Then I just wanted it for the history of it, but I had to wait for a paycheck. &, of course, when I went back for it, it was gone.
Your build though, seriously, is absolutely stunning. All of them!

Yes. All of them. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I finally have my Falcon Debark table completed. It's been a long time in the making while I worked at Blue Realm Studios. We did a run of them which you can find in the project runs section here on theRPF.

Here's more on how it was built: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=261519

here's the missing video of the table surface time-lapse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE2HO2a3pgQ

So over the past few weeks I was able to do the final electronics work and finally able to get it home. Check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Love the high speed finishing video. It looks so shiny afterwards. Love the way the light plays on it. :cheers

Scott absolutely amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just assume you do have the Dejarik chess figures set also in your extensive collection to go with this beautiful table?

Chaïm

Sadly no... no one makes them. Or one guy did, but then won't make them again. And they were amazing!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back