Megacon 2014 in Orlando Florida

shsims

There is a Megacon scheduled at the Orlando Convention Center in April of 2014, Looks like that will be the first one that I can get to. Was just wondering if anybody might be coming and if you are, are you going to come in a costume and what costume might that be.

I doubt I will wear any costumes. But I will definitely get in line for any "must see" panels half an hour or more in advance. I was so glad to find a youtube video of the only panel I really wanted to see but missed.

I'm going. I'm bringing and Ironman, Gears of War, and Jaeger Drive Suit from Pacific Rim.

- - - Updated - - -

Im going. I'm bringing an Iron Man, Gears of War, and a Jaeger drive suit from Pacific Rim.

There is a Megacon scheduled at the Orlando Convention Center in April of 2014, Looks like that will be the first one that I can get to. Was just wondering if anybody might be coming and if you are, are you going to come in a costume and what costume might that be.
It's actually going to be March 21-23, according to their website.

I'm going this year. Only missed it once in 2010, since 2008.

Hoping to have a secret project finished for it...

But otherwise, Megacon is going to be huge this year...3 floors worth!

Ok fellow Members...I have a friendly request for a favour from any of you who are attending either MegaCon or EmeraldCityCon. Long story as short as I can make it....A fellow RPFer agreed to help me out with an Karl Urban autograph at last weekends SciFiExpo in Dallas. To be accurate, it was 2 autographs. Anyway, I printed out the photo's myself and sent them across the pond. I explained what I was after re names etc, worked out how much it would cost and paypal'd it over. Anyway, the autos were paid for and the photos handed over. Unfortunately through an error in queue management or something the autographs were obtained...but on the rear of both photos. I had planned on framing them both, but am not able to now. I've heard that Mr Urban is a fairly reasonable guy so I was wondering if anyone fancied
1) taking them to another con, explaining the error, and seeing if he'll resign the fronts, for a reduced cost (or no cost!) but if he won't, then
2) taking another photo and getting that signed? (Then I can frame the front of one photo alongside the autograph on the rear of the other one for my Brother, and have a correctly signed one to frame with my set).
Phew...sorry for the length of this, but really wanted to try and explain it all properly. Thanks for reading (assuming you stayed this long!)

I am planning on trying to get through Urban's autograph line while there. I know I want to get my personal Judge badge signed by him. I'm only afraid that if I try to get a few other things signed, they might tell me to go away after the first thing.

My Dad and I are set to go. In fact, we've purchased a Cadet Wesley Crusher TNG action figure from Playmates with the intention of getting Wil Wheaton's autograph (possibly making it a crossover item with TBBT). We'll be attending Saturday and Sunday, but will be going down on Friday to hit up one of our comic book shop/collectable store Acme Superstore.

I am planning on trying to get through Urban's autograph line while there. I know I want to get my personal Judge badge signed by him. I'm only afraid that if I try to get a few other things signed, they might tell me to go away after the first thing.

I was looking forward to seeing him but I finally looked at the schedule. He is only there on Sunday and I am going Saturday. The original Battlestar Galactica cast on Friday might have been cool too.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

I was looking forward to seeing him but I finally looked at the schedule. He is only there on Sunday and I am going Saturday. The original Battlestar Galactica cast on Friday might have been cool too.

Ah ok, well damn. Sunday is usually the con-draw down, but I'll probably be spending another night in Orlando, so yea. At least it's not on a saturday (works out for me) so I don't have to spend a better part of my saturday waiting in line

I'm actually on another megacon thread on the rpf that we've all been talking awhile about our out fits, I will be attending in my neo costume on friday and my eric draven crow costume on Saturday...won't have my big costumes done in time for megacon, they will be premiering at dragoncon, which is my Iron Man Mark 7 suit, Lord Starkiller, and a Samurai Dead Pool...

I'll be there friday and saturday in my capt. jack sparrow. Pretty excited as I've a couple pieces to it, and added a lot more weathering to everything. If anybody notices me please say ahoy, as I would like to meet some of you.

No, not yet. I may have to look into military bases in the area. But I'm all set for Megacon this weekend :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man I really appreciate that. It was my 1st time.

I'm planning on going Saturday probably in my RPF wolverines shirt and Jack Bauer bag.

Okay, new update. For the shirts I will be wearing at the convention, I will be wearing my Death Shroom T-shirt (my avatar logo, see underneath my name, a black T-shirt with the white logo) on Saturday and I will be wearing a Best Buy "Geek Squad" T-shirt (basically, black with the orange Geek Squad logo) on Sunday. Friday, I will be sporting my usual tie-dye T-shirt (because Friday is tie-dye day for me), but since I won't be at the convention on that day, I will be at the Acme Superstore with my Dad (looking to fill in some of the gaps in my collection and finding parts to vintage toys). Of course, I will be wearing my RPF badge during Saturday and Sunday.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back