Am I the only one that loves movies, but hates the theater experience???

i use to love the movie theaters. but now with all the movie shootings, and terrorist crap its a anxious time in the theater for me.. constantly pulled out of the flick when someone gets up....
Are you seriously worried about encountering a mass shooting in a movie theater?
You're just as likely to drown in your own bathtub so you might as well avoid that, too. Seriously.

Are you seriously worried about encountering a mass shooting in a movie theater?
You're just as likely to drown in your own bathtub so you might as well avoid that, too. Seriously.

Except the odds of drowning in your bath tub is higher

"never tell me the odds" :p

If you have to go, you have to go...
I once sat in my seat with a full bladder for over three hours - that was not fun.

I think people who arrive late to the movie are worse.

My bladder is not like other people's bladder :lol

I have never been late either :D

the city our theater is in is not a good one... there have been multiple shootings over over the years outside related to gangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we were just in the news for a guy running around stabbing people in Macy's and bertucci's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we were just in the news for a guy running around stabbing people in Macy's and bertucci's...
Please don't tell me you stopped shopping too.

Situational awareness, personal preparation and common sense go a long way towards protection.

I was just talking to my chiropractor about theaters. We go to the same nice one in town and apparently there's a 3 screen drive in about 45 minutes away. The theater in town is nice as it keeps the punks and morons out so they go up to the old cinema world to cause trouble. For me it's not even the rude people, it's just being near people that's the problem. I'd love to have a drive-in do an 18 and over retro night to keep the trouble makers out and show like old Superman films.

When my wife and I saw Ghost in the Shell we went to a theater with assigned seating, you choose your seats when buying the tickets. Well we were the first people to buy tickets for that showing so we had the whole theater to choose from. We picked good seats, middle 2 near the center rows, and sat down. As we got closer to show time a few clumps of people came in, totaling about 15 by the time all was said and done. Then right before the previews rolled a single guy came in and sat right next to us! Not even a one seat gap, but right next to my wife. That means if he was sitting in his assigned seat, that he looked and saw that the 2 next to him were already reserved and decided to pick that seat anyway. What makes things worse is that there was nearly no one in the theater, he could have had any other seat he wanted. We ended up just moving to another empty row, but our jaws were firmly on the floor from how silly that situation was.

The trashy one in our town still has security in the parking lot, it's a Carmike Cinema but apparently they don't put much cash back into it like they did in the 90s. Meanwhile the small one with a few screens and rules that are enforced is doing really well. The problem is that these places are now popular with all sorts of dregs and trouble makers, even the one in New Castle has gone down hill and it was always in a nice area.

I used to have bad experiences going to theatres too. Especially if there are a group of rowdy teenagers who make too much noise or kick the seats. Usually most people would shush these kids, but eventually, they'd get rowdy again. Usually when I get pissed off; I would stand up, face them and shout at them to be quiet. If they start to get rowdy again, I would just turn my head towards them and glare menacingly. Shuts them right up.

That is why I avoid theatres in malls that cater to the low-end crowd... instead, I watch movies in theatres that cater to a higher-end crowd. It all boils down to ticket price. Most theatres that have cheaper ticket prices tend to have the rowdiest crowd. At least in higher-end malls, the low-lifes (sorry if I seem to discriminate according to social class, but it's common that lower social classes have less education and manners) can't afford the more expensive ticket prices, hence, a better cinema experience.

Thinking about it, ticket prices here are REALLY CHEAP. A normal cinema would just charge $4... in higher end cinemas it could range from $6 to $9. A lazy boy cinema here only costs around $14 (with unlimited popcorn, no less!). I guess those are the perks of living in a third world country. :lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back