Keanu Reeves SPEED shirt

Schuey

I have been thinking about putting together the costume that Keanu Reeves wore in the beginning of the movie SPEED, but I can't seem to find the shirt that he wore anywhere. It's the grey (with blue squares) zippered outer shirt that he ditches after he jumps onto the bus.

Here are some pictures of the shirt that I am referring too:

SPEED4_zps843e2fa1.jpg SPEED_zps8e9ce6b3.jpg SPEED6_zpsa29765e4.jpg

While there are tons of shirts out there that are blue 'n grey, and have a plaid pattern, I still haven't been able to track down this exact same shirt. I don't want 'close enough', what I really want is this exact same pattern.

I also would like to know what the material is made of? I first thought it was a sherpa-lined flannel shirt. But, it looks more like a fleece shirt with the same white fuzzy lining on the inside instead. *shrug*

After browsing through various online movie prop websites, I was able to find the solid grey shirt (underneath the outer shirt) that he wore in the movie for sale. According to that listing, it was made by Banana Republic. So, I am just guessing that the outer shirt is also by the same company, but I can't say that with any certainty.

And yeah, I know this movie was made back in the early 90's. And that it might be hard to find one. But, I still would like to track one down..

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

I have been thinking about putting together the costume that Keanu Reeves wore in the beginning of the movie SPEED, but I can't seem to find the shirt that he wore anywhere. It's the grey (with blue squares) zippered outer shirt that he ditches after he jumps onto the bus.

Here are some pictures of the shirt that I am referring too:

View attachment 197985 View attachment 197986 View attachment 197987

While there are tons of shirts out there that are blue 'n grey, and have a plaid pattern, I still haven't been able to track down this exact same shirt. I don't want 'close enough', what I really want is this exact same pattern.

I also would like to know what the material is made of? I first thought it was a sherpa-lined flannel shirt. But, it looks more like a fleece shirt with the same white fuzzy lining on the inside instead. *shrug*

After browsing through various online movie prop websites, I was able to find the solid grey shirt (underneath the outer shirt) that he wore in the movie for sale. According to that listing, it was made by Banana Republic. So, I am just guessing that the outer shirt is also by the same company, but I can't say that with any certainty.

And yeah, I know this movie was made back in the early 90's. And that it might be hard to find one. But, I still would like to track one down..

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Hi there, i'm a die hard fan of the Movie, i also looking for the same Jacket/shirt for ages, now the movie has been 20 years, so i guess we know how long the search going.
I think what he wore was a Flannel Jacket similiar to a lumberjack jacket but thinner i suppose. i found (i think) almost the same style of jacket in ebay, but the color and pattern is different, but it has the same faded looking pattern, instead of the regular lumberjack jacket. just type lumberjack jacket or flannel jacket, then you can start to choose which one do you prefer. hope it helps.

Regards

I imagine you've already seen this: https://greyflannelauctions.com/lot-33861.aspx

"Below the rear collar of the flannel is a “Quicksilver” manufacturer’s tag with a size “XL” flag tag. On the left inseam are two tags, one reading “100% COTTON” and another with the wash instructions. Below the inner rear collar of the button down shirt is a “BANANA REPUBLIC” manufacturer’s tag with two flag tags, one reading “100% COTTON” with wash instructions and the other reading “325”. On the inner rear collar of the white t-shirt is the “Calvin Klein” manufacturer’s tag with size “L”, “100% COTTON” and wash instructions. The shirt has a hole on the front and back with a small fake blood stain on the left side. On the inner rear waistband is a heavily faded manufacturer’s tag with “stunt” written in black ballpoint pen. Adjacent to the right is a size “30” flag tag. Adjacent above the right pocket is a “A. Gold E.” tag. On the inside of each boot is the size “10 ½” stamped in black. On the tongue of each is the “Vasque” manufacturer’s tag. The heel on the left shoe is deteriorating, but does not affect displayability. This wardrobe ensemble was worn for a majority of the first half of the movie including when Reeves commandeers a Jaguar to warn the bus driver of the bomb and when they zoom in on him on the bus. Reeves can be seen wearing very similar style flannels to this one throughout the movie."

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this thread is a bit old, just came across it, so I thought I would answer it anyway... Cheers!
I have the same jacket Keanu wears in the movie... here are some pictures hope it still helps someone.. It is from quicksilver.

Attachments

• Speed Jacket.jpg
    Speed Jacket.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Speed Jacket 2.jpg
    Speed Jacket 2.jpg
    927.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I know this thread is a bit old, just came across it, so I thought I would answer it anyway... Cheers!
I have the same jacket Keanu wears in the movie... here are some pictures hope it still helps someone.. It is from quicksilver.
This isn’t possible. How??? Would you be a hero to all of us, and upload some high quality reference photos for recreation with ruler/measurements?

How thick is the material? How is the internal fabric/could you turn it inside out to get an idea of the lining/patterning?

-is this the one from the movie, or the same? DM me

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back