Logan's Run Revolver.

I can't say enough how AWESOME your project is !!! Those revolvers are absolutely stunning. The display is incredible.

You went to the effort of creating both the pearl handle silver version and the Black - OMG they are COOL !!

Keep the pics coming !!! :D

Gordon

Again, thanks for everyone’s comments.
Hi Sean, I don’t really know the grade of most of the aluminium I used.
I got it from various suppliers on eBay, and was just described as aluminium plate or tube.
I do know that the 3mm side plates are 1050 grade.
I didn’t notice any real difference in hardness of the various pieces I used, it was all relatively soft and easy to cut and file.

Hey man thank's for the response. I kinda wish I was working with softer stuff. and as stated keep them pictures coming...

I’ve just finished the display case for the black DS gun. The case came with a black acrylic base. I stuck some 0.5mm brushed aluminium sheet to it with J B weld. The hand was painted silver and glued to the base.
I was originally going to mount the gun parallel in the case. But as the case is so wide, I think it looks better at an angle. All the cases I could find that were long enough and high enough for the gun were all quite wide.
I’m going to order another identical case for the other DS revolver. This time I’m going to make a left hand instead of a right one. It will be mounted on the opposite side and have a black disk (crystal).

dsr048.jpg

dsr049.jpg

dsr050.jpg

dsr051.jpg

dsr052.jpg

dsr053.jpg

dsr054.jpg

dsr055.jpg

I want to get a plaque made with a graphic something like the one below. It would be nice to have a brushed metal one with the writing engraved. I think this would be expensive, especially as I want six colours. I’ll probably end up just printing something.
dsr056.jpg

This is truly awesome! The design/concept to creation. Great job! Keep up the good work. See dreams do come true. Now if only I could just get the Lightsaber to work.:facepalm I got few Stroomtroopers to cut down.

Just finished the display case for the all metal DS revolver.
I made the hand he same as before (this time a left hand). You can see the stages of construction below. I still have to do some tests with the mother of pearl paint before I decide if I’m going to re-do the grips.

dsr059.jpg

dsr060.jpg

dsr061.jpg

dsr062.jpg

dsr063.jpg

dsr064.jpg

dsr066.jpg

Wow those parts started off looking so plain looking unassembled. The assembled piece blows me away. I really can't believe how amazing it ended up.

Awesome Job

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back