Judge Dredd Props

Originally posted by morpheus13@Dec 19 2005, 02:48 PM
Wow, I didnt think there was that much interest in Dredd.

Didnt mean to make this an interest thread or anything but I have hero body shells for the Lawgiver, Aspen Guard, Hunter, Judge Fargo Pump ( or block war pump with some customizing) and even one of the block war rifles. I was just going to build them up for myself but if enough people wanted them I would consider a run.
[snapback]1139207[/snapback]​

Please consider a run and consider me interested in several of these pieces.

I notice from the 2000ad website that http://www.termight.co.uk are soon producing official props for Dredd and Strontium Dog, The Strontium blaster is looking very cool and fairly reasonable price (well compared to MR :) ) oh and morpheus I love to see a new run of Dredd Props.

I'm totally into Dredd props and general Dredd collecting. I have some resin Lawgiver kits to build and the two Halcyon movie modelkits.
I have several other items also. Will post them one fine day.

Today I started on the papercraft Lawgiver from Jan Rukr. Very kewl papercraft. And very complictated to make.

I have a thread about it on another forum (pic = link):

B)

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Dec 19 2005, 08:41 AM
RudolphT, those are all my former dredd props you got.. Nice to see they went to a good home, enjoy them.
[snapback]1139181[/snapback]​

Absolutely, with many thanks.
Tim

Originally posted by Nemo+Dec 19 2005, 10:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nemo @ Dec 19 2005, 10:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-morpheus13
@Dec 19 2005, 02:48 PM
Wow, I didnt think there was that much interest in Dredd.

Didnt mean to make this an interest thread or anything but I have hero body shells for the Lawgiver, Aspen Guard, Hunter, Judge Fargo Pump ( or block war pump with some customizing) and even one of the block war rifles. I was just going to build them up for myself but if enough people wanted them I would consider a run.
[snapback]1139207[/snapback]​

Please consider a run and consider me interested in several of these pieces.
[snapback]1139241[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ditto....

Originally posted by PHArchivist+Dec 17 2005, 02:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PHArchivist @ Dec 17 2005, 02:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Rogue187
@Dec 17 2005, 04:13 PM

I've got the actual shooting Lawgiver from the movie.
I also have a screen used stunt shoulder armor set.

The shooting Lawgiver comes with the screen used holster that Stallone used..

[snapback]1138019[/snapback]​

MOST impressive.

Please share pics if you can...
[snapback]1138218[/snapback]​
[/b]

Look back at the 2004 and 2003 West Coast Prop Party threads. Larry brought his stuff to those events and lots of photos were taken. I'll look in my own photos to see if I have any.

Originally posted by SiR-ROUND@Dec 17 2005, 05:32 PM
@Trallis

Hi, are you doing this with an original Tsukuda ABC model kit?

I'd love to see pics. The see through should be what it needs.

The same goes for a Horizon Terminator for instance, but that won't be easy.

Love to learn from you.

Thanks,

Manfred
[snapback]1138213[/snapback]​

well im nowhere near done, i've only done the arms.
i havent found alot of reference material, just my own screen caps, so im sort of doing what i can see in those shots and the rest is just my own interpretation. the good thing about the ABC is that when something doesnt look right you can just throw in some loose wires, this would be allot more difficult with a clean looking bot like the endo. however here is the bottom of the right arm. its a piece of a wire hanger with cut up paperclips, pieces of plastic tube(from pens), wires, and chrome foil decals. That ribbed tubing is actually a wire wrapped in another wire. i still havent decided if i should do the screen accurate paint job or my own where he could be less rusted, like still metal color but lots of rust, or the completely orange movie version.

abcarm.JPG

Wow, I thought you where just talking about the gut area...

This is impressive. However this looks a bit to much to try with the real Tsukuda I have comming my way. :( I do have crappy recast to experiment with. :D

Oh man, this way will keep you busy.

Thanks for sharing, appreciate it very much and would like to see more. B)

Cheers,

Manfred

yup i have the crappy recast. didnt realize it was a recast, cause i got it off ebay before i knew about such things. who are the authorized dealers out there?
yes this will take me quite some time. I deliberately start projects that will take rediculous amounts of time because it saves me lots of money.
I am cutting the entire thing up so there will be no fake wires or fake metal bars at all, just the armor parts will remain. then LEDs in the eyes of course. I will post pics when its done or when i reach old age whichever comes first

I want one of the full scale ABC head casts that were running around a few years ago. I think they were GA stuff. I'd love to build a full scale replica to go with it.

Thats pretty cool Trallis. Yeah, I would tend to agree...just throw a bunch of random wires into it and it looks spot on. One of the things I love about the design.

before this thread disappears and all the dredd guys go away, I'd love it if anyone had any reference shots of the ABC warrior prop, they can be from the movie, of the prop itself, anything, good or bad, theres nothing out there. I really need this stuff

Originally posted by Trallis@Dec 30 2005, 08:29 AM
before this thread disappears and all the dredd guys go away, I'd love it if anyone had any reference shots of the ABC warrior prop, they can be from the movie, of the prop itself, anything, good or bad, theres nothing out there. I really need this stuff
[snapback]1146562[/snapback]​

Hi, there is plenty to be found.

I'll start a thread in the RPF of my fanmade lifesize head I'm building right now.

I used images I googled, the movie and the Making of Dredd book.

I had a lot of progress already... Posted it all in the Robocop forum though. :rolleyes

Time to start here.

btw. Goldenarmour.com sells ABC kits if ur interested. Didn't have the proper amount ready for it and actually building one myself is very very kewl.

Greets.

EDIT: The thread I started is HERE.

abc55.jpg

Please PM me with info on were to get the ARMOR HELMET AND BADGES.. PRIMARLY ALL THE ARMOR PARTS. I whould like to get my hands on those beuty..
BTW... Did you guys know who designed the armor for Judge dred ?
It was de well know Versache.

I always loved that mans work.

<div class='quotetop'>(Hairyloft @ Dec 19 2005, 07:31 PM) [snapback]1139342[/snapback]</div>
I notice from the 2000ad website that http://www.termight.co.uk are soon producing official props for Dredd and Strontium Dog, The Strontium blaster is looking very cool and fairly reasonable price (well compared to MR :) ) oh and morpheus I love to see a new run of Dredd Props.
[/b]

Anyone interested in 2000AD comic replicas can now PM me with any questions, since I've finally been able to register. The comic version of Dredd's helmet is underway but I don't have any progress pics yet and I really need to sell more lawgivers before I can get the other projects moving faster.

Cheers,

Wake

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I really need to sell more lawgivers before I can get the other projects moving faster.[/b]

Wake, as a new member, you'll learn that all buying and selling on the RPF is done in the JunkYard. New members have to have at least 20 posts and 90 days under their belt before they are allowed to post in the JY. It gives everyone a chance to get to know everyone else before money starts exchanging hands. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(rocketeer25 @ Jun 21 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]1265103[/snapback]</div>
Wake, as a new member, you'll learn that all buying and selling on the RPF is done in the JunkYard.
[/b]

Understood, which is why I didn't mention prices, etc. in my previous post. My apologies if you felt I was overstepping the mark.

Cheers,

Wake

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back