Iron man mark 42 helmet might be too big, need help

16sliu

I need feedback on this guys, I sized the helmet to fit my head exactly, the width was, from what I remember, 195 mm on pepakura designer 3. After fiberglassin and bondoing ( iv'e gotten so far on this build because I haven't had time to try it on untill now, without vlacking out due to the fumes of course, and I fear that the helmet might look a tad bit big. I just need feedback from you guys to tell me if it look ok size wise or if its proprtionally too big. I personally think it look a bit big although having the insight of others would help :D

By the way, the helmet fits exactly width wise but there is probably half an inch from my chin to the chin of the helmet and around one or two inches from the back of the helmet, I even had to remove the back piece (which will eventually go back suing a hinge) to fit my head through since the opening was too small.

image.jpg image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why the pictures are upside down, sorry :facepalm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 92
I think it looks good. You will want some extra space for padding and electronics anyway. Better too big than too small.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back