Leeloo

TD5422

Has anyone made a leeloo costume? What did you use for the orange suspenders? the boots?
I search but couldn't find anything, I'm new so I'm not sure I can see everything.
Thanks

Rob,

I am currently working on a few turorials for Fifth Element costumes, including the Orange Suspender Leeloo costume. Hopefully they go live in late January.

For the suspenders I poured silicone elastic into a form and made my suspenders. But I have also seen a good looking suspender crafted from Yoga floor matting. I do not recommend using orange vinyl cloth for the suspenders, it does not have the thickness to look correct on the wearer.

Boots. Leeloo's boots look to be calf-high military looking boots with a knobby sole. There was a ribbed cuff attached the top of the boot which also had a buckle on the outside which looks to be more decorative that utilitarian.

Here's some pic's I have:

Leeloo's Boots
LeeLooboots.jpg

Leeloo pants:
Leeloopants.jpg

Here are pic of me with a girl I met at Dragon*Con 2005
korbenLeeloo.JPG

She made here suspenders out of a orange yoga mat. It really looked good up close.

Also, a member here by the name of kimncris made some silicon rubber suspenders a few years back. You could try contacting him.

Thanks wackychimp.

Thanks for the help everyone, I can't wait for the tutorial.
You think to boot tops were an add-on?
And Jeff thanks again for the scout pistol holster you hooked me up with at CIII

Originally posted by Boba Frett@Dec 16 2005, 05:35 AM
Hey Jeff , why are you stuttering?  :D

Sorry about that... my machine went wacky on me and I tripple posted.

SWFreak, Oh, so it was youse guys who I met at Dragoncon 2005 that used the Yoga mat. Excellent job on that.

In photos (and from 10 feet away) those suspenders were tip top. At 5 feet away you started to notice the yoga tread pattern, but only hardcore 5E costuming junkies like me even noticed that. EXCELLENT JOB..... Costuming on a budget, booyah.

Thanks for posting those boot images too. I only had a few references on them and they were really grainy. Those photos you posted show me where I went wrong with my cuffs. HAR.

Im gonna say custom/add ons. The base boots are probably found...but you can see that on the side flaps coming from the sole of the boot...it has NO eyelets for the laces down low...

Take a look at SWF's fan-leeloo there, see her boots? Look how far the laces go down, there are no eyelets and they hold to the boot. So I think that they probably cut those and the top of the original boots off. Then made the tops and sewed them onto the boot. Looks like thats how they were made...so I guess If someone has access to a strong enough sewing machine for shoe leather, then these wouldn't be a big problem to recreate.

Originally posted by StudioCreations@Dec 16 2005, 10:42 PM
SWFreak,  Oh, so it was youse guys who I met at Dragoncon 2005 that used the Yoga mat.  Excellent job on that.
[snapback]1137809[/snapback]​

Acctually, I had never met that girl before that night. It just so happened the she was wearing her Leeloo the night I was wearing Korben. We just hooked up for some photos.

Originally posted by SWFreak@Dec 17 2005, 01:30 AM

Acctually, I had never met that girl before that night. It just so happened the she was wearing her Leeloo the night I was wearing Korben. We just hooked up for some photos.

ONLY for photos? ;)

Kris, you just need to go to the right convnetions. :) Dragoncon has at least one girl in that costume each year. It's the Orange Suspender costume that you rarely see.

Well, where I come from, there are not too many conventions. The convention here, you would call TINY, but it is quite big tough :)

One of my minor dreams is to some day all the major USA conventions and such.

Yup im in the northeast and not too many con's up here and even fewer ones with some good costumes. Years ago I had an old girlfriend that used to dress up all of the time.

Kris, I am sure you can convince one or two of your actors in your fanfilms to dress up as Leeloo at a convnetion. :)

Tek, Gencon (Indianapolis) is a good convnetion with costuming abound. ANd what's this about old girlfriends? You can't get your current one to dress up for you? :)

The fans demand to see more Leeloos at the convnetions, and it's up to us costumers to bring them. Booyah.

Originally posted by StudioCreations@Dec 22 2005, 02:21 AM
Kris,  I am sure you can convince one or two of your actors in your fanfilms to dress up as Leeloo at a convnetion.  :)

Tek,  Gencon (Indianapolis) is a good convnetion with costuming abound.  ANd what's this about old girlfriends?  You can't get your current one to dress up for you?  :)

The fans demand to see more Leeloos at the convnetions, and it's up to us costumers to bring them. Booyah.
[snapback]1141160[/snapback]​

Thanks for the reply but im in New England ( NE ) or to be more exact in New Hampshire.

As for girlfriends im married and very happy. :love

Now my old girlfriend loved to go to conventions and wear outfits.

She was the kind of gal to wear the Heavy Metal Tarnia outfit and then whisper in my ear it's held on with velcro. :D

Fine memories...and before you ask the only pic I have of the outfit it an old instamatic of that outfit.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back