New Spidey Suit...

Nope. Only urethane.

Thanks but I was wondering how you went about milling the webs do you make your own file or would I be able to use someone file (with permission) and then put it on oracles screen printed fabric? Like would everything be the same size or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks but I was wondering how you went about milling the webs do you make your own file or would I be able to use someone file (with permission) and then put it on oracles screen printed fabric? Like would everything be the same size or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I made my own file and cut the molds using my cnc machine. The webbing will most likely only fit my pattern as everyone designs will be different.

yes I made my own file and cut the molds using my cnc machine. The webbing will most likely only fit my pattern as everyone designs will be different.
Your work on this suit is absolutely incredible man. Best one I have seen by far. What I wouldn't give to get my hands on one of these suits.

Thanks but does the webbing have to be the exact file size or will it stretch?

Aaron.
The webbing does stretch, but it would still have to be the exact file size in order to lay properly and glue onto the suit without bunching or warping the fabric. You want the material to be under very little tension when the body is at rest. If you spend some of the stretch factor just wrestling the urethane onto a pattern it wasn't designed for, when it comes time to get into the suit or move around there webs will be under way more stress than they are meant to be, and something is going to fail.

The webbing does stretch, but it would still have to be the exact file size in order to lay properly and glue onto the suit without bunching or warping the fabric. You want the material to be under very little tension when the body is at rest. If you spend some of the stretch factor just wrestling the urethane onto a pattern it wasn't designed for, when it comes time to get into the suit or move around there webs will be under way more stress than they are meant to be, and something is going to fail.

Ok thanks man the reason for this was because I took a look at Oracles thread for the screen print costume Attempt and I wanted to mill out a webbing file that was already screen printed so I could get a really "raised" effect. Any ideas or tips?

Aaron.

Ok thanks man the reason for this was because I took a look at Oracles thread for the screen print costume Attempt and I wanted to mill out a webbing file that was already screen printed so I could get a really "raised" effect. Any ideas or tips?

Aaron.

I'm…I'm not sure you understand what "screen printed" means. I really don't know how to answer your question, as there are some incongruent concepts at play. Screen-printing has nothing to do with CNC milling and files, it has to do with an emulsion baked onto a fine silk screen that allows you to physically lay down inks onto the surface of a piece of fabric in specific patterns.

If you want to cast urethane webbing for Oracle's suit pieces, you would have to design a digital file that matches the dimensions of the assembled pieces exactly and use that to create a digital layout of webbing, model it in 3D software, have a CNC mill cut out a mold, then use that to mold the webs in urethane. But Oracle doesn't (as far as I know) have a digital file that he's using for his pieces, he's just patterning them by hand.

If you want milled webbing like Brad's suit here, then order a suit from Brad. His next one is going to be printed on colored fabric as well, and he's screen printing the bricks on the blue sections.

Last edited:
I'm…I'm not sure you understand what "screen printed" means. I really don't know how to answer your question, as there are some incongruent concepts at play. Screen-printing has nothing to do with CNC milling and files, it has to do with an emulsion baked onto a fine silk screen that allows you to physically lay down inks onto the surface of a piece of fabric in specific patterns.

If you want cast urethane webbing for Oracle's suit pieces, you would have to design a digital file that matches the dimensions of the assembled pieces exactly and use that to create a digital layout of webbing, model it in 3D software, have a CNC mill cut out a mold, then use that to mold the webs in urethane. But Oracle doesn't (as far as I know) have a digital file that he's using for his pieces, he's just patterning them by hand.

If you want milled webbing like Brad's suit here, then order a suit from Brad. His next one is going to be printed on colored fabric as well, and he's screen printing the bricks on the blue sections.

Oops my bad I have no idea about anything to do with screen printing. And I would buy the suit from brad but I don't have that kind of money. :( but thanks you have she's some light on my predicament. Do you think Oracle will be and to make the raised webs like the movie suit?

Aaron.

Oops my bad I have no idea about anything to do with screen printing. And I would buy the suit from brad but I don't have that kind of money. :( but thanks you have she's some light on my predicament. Do you think Oracle will be and to make the raised webs like the movie suit?
I think that kind of question belongs in Oracle's thread, not here. This thread is about Brad's suit progress and process. But yes, he's going to try to make raised webs.
As Brad himself said recently, different techniques give different results. There are trade offs and benefits to different approaches. (But not of them are going to be cheap if they are done well. Either put in the sweat equity yourself to bring the cost down by crafting things on your own, or be prepared to pay people for their skilled work.)
Cheers.

I agree sorry Brad for posting here I was not thinking my bad. Thanks kinsman and yes Brad is very skilled at what he does good luck Brad!

Aaron.

I think that kind of question belongs in Oracle's thread, not here. This thread is about Brad's suit progress and process. But yes, he's going to try to make raised webs.
As Brad himself said recently, different techniques give different results. There are trade offs and benefits to different approaches. (But not of them are going to be cheap if they are done well. Either put in the sweat equity yourself to bring the cost down by crafting things on your own, or be prepared to pay people for their skilled work.)
Cheers.

Aaron.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back