Avengers SHIELD J8 Jeep - Help

Long time, no post.

This year is the 75th anniversary of the Jeep. It is also the 75th anniversary of the USO!!!!!! and a few airbases. It is also the 15th anniversary of..... well an event that should never be celebrated but never forgotten which is the why I have wartime inspiration on the radio.
But the best thing is I finally have my jeep.

Last edited:
Here some SHIELD imagery that should be appropriate.

I ordered the keychain from amazon and filled Marvel and Made in China with JB Weld, sanded it down and painted it like the SHIELD crest from the Ultimates.

Government property has to be tagged for inventory.

Finally have some of the armor and other goodies.

And like I said this is Cap's Jeep.

But, Still so much more to do....

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a custom vinyl print sign glued to a black hard plastic/vinyl tire cover.

The outer ring of the shield is the hard plastic polished with rub and buff then quickly distressed with sandpaper.

Everything was then polished to bring out the hot spot highlights.

This is a quick place keeper to protect the tire until I have the time to make a complete hard cover.

I have some extensive knowledge about all of the Jankel jeeps in the avengers movies I am not at liberty to discuss these builds publicly on a forum but I can discuss privately if anyone would like some insight on these builds.

Currently Jankel is supplying vehicle parts to civilian users. These parts are based on the J8 vehicles used in the films. I work for Jankel and am the outside civilian sales rep for the. of the northeast of the US. Here are some photos of Jankel's current civilian vehicles and parts offered.

Attachments

• IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    457.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
IMG_1085.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0257.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3022.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1361.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0715.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

The 3 door Jeep is called a K8. It is not a JK8 but a true built by Jankel Heep that started life as a 5 door Wrangler. The 4 door green Jeep is our Bravo package. I'm not here to sell stuff I just wanted to talk Jeep. I'm very happy to answer any questions you have that I'm allowed to answer. As you know some details about the J8 are not public knowledge

That's correct. They are built on owned JK's or dealer supplied. The tailgate, hood snorkel and other J8 parts are in short supply but are available.

That's correct. They are built on owned JK's or dealer supplied. The tailgate, hood snorkel and other J8 parts are in short supply but are available.
I think you are secretly Santa Claus because I now know what I want for Christmas.

And who would have thought this thread would have popped back up.

I was playing with the Jeeps today and did a search totally by random. I check the interwebs from time to time. I like to make sure info is accurate and stays where it should. I have very detailed photos of the Jeeps. I need to check with my office to see if they can be posted online or not. Currently they're not in a secure area so it should be ok. As always I lean on the side of caution when it comes to things like this.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1368.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_8175.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

On Facebook we are Jankel Automotive Group. Instagram @JANkelag

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you fond my little bit on your J-8s from the movies and it was close enough to warrant a comment.

Plus, everyone loves photos.
Without photos there isn't any evidence of the work.

IMG_3769.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3770.JPGIMG_3771.JPGIMG_3772.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3774.JPGIMG_3775.JPGIMG_3776.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3777.JPGIMG_3778.JPGIMG_3780.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3781.JPGIMG_3783.JPGIMG_3784.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3785.JPGIMG_3786.JPGIMG_3787.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3788.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3789.JPGIMG_3791.JPGIMG_3792.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3793.JPGThis is what one bumper looked like before the movie crew beat the daylights out of it. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see I got permission to post these photos from a semi secured area. I hope the detail in these are helpful. Please feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to answer

Mike, thanks for the photos. These detail shots look great.

From the daylight pictures of the movie SHIELD jeep, looks like Anvil "gray" would have been the better Jeep stock color to get than the Rhino "dark gray".

Edit: Also went back and replaced the photobucket photos with postimage.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back