Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

That saber is just an example of Hot Toys careless attitude toward detail - many times they seem to prefer to do their own thing rather than mimic the source. They make some great products, but they gloss over a lot. Their ESB Graflex for their Bespin Luke isn't very good and they simply re-used it for their ANH figure.

Inigou (who's here in the forum) made a faithful V2 in 1/6 which was available at the same time as his ROTJ Luke head sculpt.

While I don't disagree with you with regards to the laziness of the ANH and TFA sabers, I think they tried to do a decent job on the saber here...

There are three sabers depicted in the film and it looks like HT incorporated elements of all three in their hilt - cone knob, mystery chunk - v2; Graflex clamp - v2/v3; control box, emitter and rings - hero

At least what it looks like to me with the limited pictures we've seen so far...

19959252_1479008225456045_6971303950541899493_n.jpg

Last edited:
That saber is just an example of Hot Toys careless attitude toward detail - many times they seem to prefer to do their own thing rather than mimic the source. They make some great products, but they gloss over a lot.

I wouldn't say it's completely careless towards all things but they are very selective with their products and to what and where they want to put the effort into accuracy. The biggest example that cheeses me off was their treatment with the 89 Joker and the Ledger Joker(s). The latter got so many reissues with each one improving accuracy but the one release of the original Nicholson Joker is rife with numerous inaccuracies. I mean, if you've got the one chance to make it, at least do it right!

I'm not sure if the Luke v2 lever thing was ever settled, but I found this picture of a vintage guitar and the locking nut lever looks a lot like the lever on the v2 to me.image.jpeg

A quick look through Google for vintage capo levers makes me think that the shape makes it a possibility but the size looks problematic with what's on the V2. The locking nut lever for the guitar is the opposite: size looks right, just not shape.

Unfortunately, I forgot to save photos, but I saw a vintage graflex clamp on ebay (several months ago), which had the exact same lever as the v2. That made me believe that the v2 lever was on at least a few clamps, and perhaps was a replacement sent out by Graflex. So, I'm not completely sold on the capo idea yet, unless the capo replacement was a common remedy for broken levers.

The shape does look a little off, but the size is definitely spot on.View attachment 745141View attachment 745142

Unfortunately, I forgot to save photos, but I saw a vintage graflex clamp on ebay (several months ago), which had the exact same lever as the v2. That made me believe that the v2 lever was on at least a few clamps, and perhaps was a replacement sent out by Graflex. So, I'm not completely sold on the capo idea yet, unless the capo replacement was a common remedy for broken levers.

the agony!!!

You should be able to search completed listings. If you can find it, please post your info

It's not a capo lever. It's some kind of locking nut lever. I can only seem to find a few pictures of this specific one. I agree that it's a little far fetched for the prop department to use something as strange as this, but I mean, look at all the crazy parts they used on Obi's original lightsaber. I don't think it's impossible.

I definitely saw one with the same square nut - vintage from graflex

I saw the eBay listing late last year so it may be difficult to locate it now. I remember considering buying the vintage clamp and lever at that time for my Solos hold v2, until I saw that WannaWanga offered a much less expensive identical replica to be used with Roman's clamp. To be honest, until recently I didn't realize that the origin of that unusual lever was still in doubt.
Regardless, someone bought that vintage clamp and lever off of eBay because it's not listed anymore, so maybe the buyer will chime in or another one of those vintage v2 levers will pop up again on eBay.
I'll check my files later though to see if I saved some photos from that eBay listing.

Last edited:
I'm amazed i never saw this, i check eBay for graflex every single night as a ritual i do. man... wish we knew more about this eBay clamp lever :cry

Sorry, but I can't locate the ebay offer or any photos. But I'm completely sure that the vintage clamp that I saw had the v2 lever plus the small block/nut.

The dark block shaped nut is on every graflex clamp made. It's inside the opposite sidebar from the lever. You just hit it with some heat and yank it out [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Folmer w/o patent no. where the block simply fell out of the casing. I guess it was so old that no effort was needed to remove it.

The dark block shaped nut is on every graflex clamp made. It's inside the opposite sidebar from the lever. You just hit it with some heat and yank it out [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back